Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Troy Polamalu Is a Badass.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Troy Polamalu Is a Badass.

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 1:23 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/allthin ... amalu.html

I trust this kid. He Smart, Tough , Athletic.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Troy Polamalu Is a Badass.

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat May 24, 2008 2:03 am

polamalu is a superstar. sans injuries he is a hall of fame lock at career end

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:polamalu is a superstar. sans injuries he is a hall of fame lock at career end

I'm with you 100%. Although Since 05 he has been absent.
BUT when the man is on the Field the Defense is Noticeabley stronger.
Troy's Speed above all else IMHO is what seperates him. He covers So much ground and plays the ball very well. Very tough to make plays over this man. And he is a Dominant run Stuffer.

But like you said Sans Injury.
Thats been an issue for 2 years now. Troy by the grace of God will be Actually Healthy this year.
I hope undercover he has still been developing, i know missing game action sucks but at least hopefully he has studied and been only getting stronger over all from the Rehab.
This should be a Breakout year for Troy, That Denver Game in 05 i really knew we had a special guy. He was flying around making sacks/fumble recoveries/awesome tackles for losses. And then 06 and The Game vs the Cheifs Happened... Been Downhill ever since.

I agree HOF calibur Skill wise... But Numbers Wise I dont think im going out on a limb saying he has not produced HOF Numbers as of yet...

He's right now a guy with a TON of potential to me... But injuries Sucking His Career away... STAY HEALTHY TROY... heres to Hoping.

:o These smilies suck, IMHO. try some cool new ones? meh. :cry: :oops: :idea:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 am

last year troy polamalu had three separate different injuries. he had no chance to perform. THREE injuries.

but hes training like he used to when he was a pro bowler....no more heavy weights he is weight training for GAME SPEED again.

i believe liike troy believes that this is the answer.

if it is ......he will again be the tasmanian devil

Practice Squad

Postby 955875 » Sat May 24, 2008 4:26 am

Injuries have nothing to do with withing running himself out of plays. Great talent but needs to step-up his mental aspect of the game. For all the "confusion" he allegedly causes offenses I just fail to see them actually confused...

If they were so confused wouldn't he have more than ZERO sacks or INTs this past year. In 06 he only had 1 sack. Not a big deal if he were snatching the ball from the offense. He is not. Nor is his "confusion" enabling other defenders to snatch the ball.

More often than not we can find Troy being run right into an offensive lineman.. No wonder dude is hurt all the time, he spends a good portion of the game banging in their with the oline.. What other defender does that?

Use the guys speed and explosion to RUN AROUND the big slow guys.. Not into them.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 4:29 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:last year troy polamalu had three separate different injuries. he had no chance to perform. THREE injuries.

but hes training like he used to when he was a pro bowler....no more heavy weights he is weight training for GAME SPEED again.

Dude the way he was tackling at the beginning of the year, Going low and Taking legs out from under guys was Sickening.

If Troy hadnt gotten hurt i believe he would have ruined some careers. He Ruined Vernon Davis Season Last year, jacked up his already messed up legs. But My point is that his strategy now that he is so lite and not lifting heavy... he cant body up on anyone, he HAS to take legs out, with his shoulder... I dont know man this kid does not tackle with a healthy techinque IMHO and i think thats alot of the problem.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 4:34 am

Pittsburgh wrote:
Hi5Steeler wrote:last year troy polamalu had three separate different injuries. he had no chance to perform. THREE injuries.

Dude the way he was tackling at the beginning of the year, Going low and Taking legs out from under guys was Sickening.

If Troy hadnt gotten hurt i believe he would have ruined some careers. He Ruined Vernon Davis Season Last year, jacked up his already messed up legs. But My point is that his strategy now that he is so lite and not lifting heavy... he cant body up on anyone, he HAS to take legs out, with his shoulder... I dont know man this kid does not tackle with a healthy techinque IMHO and i think thats alot of the problem.

Also its not his Agility and Speed im concerned with at all... Sadly its his Durability.Basically his ability to sustain a full season including a playoff run of serious impact. Its like he is too frail to handle the physical nature of his position.

Hopefully im just all BS at this point and completly off base, but i doubt it.
I think playing with some extra padding can only be a good thing... Of course these people all know better than me. Im just gonna cheer my ass off for him this year and see what happens.

We Damn sure need this man at full strength and Producing...
Get off the field on many a 3rd down because of this man, Least we should be.

Practice Squad

Postby FLSteelerFan » Sat May 24, 2008 9:39 am

Does Troy workout at a day care center?????

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 1:08 pm

FLSteelerFan wrote:Does Troy workout at a day care center?????

Thats the one thing....

Its gotta break your balls to see a 12 year old little girl lifting more/dooing the same things as you...
ROFL...

Like i said though Perception dont mean jack shit at this point....

When he brings it regular season ill speak on it.

Practice Squad

Postby steelerocket » Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm

glad the board is back by the way.. can't stand the homer board that applauds it all.. nice to have intelligent critique (oops, got ahead of myself using the word intelligent around here! haa haa)

but on to Troy... some are making it sound like he's involved with some rinky-dink training system... far from it.. he's going back to an intelligent training system based off the science of sport and performance, not just the old school football thick neck lift as much as you can idea..

given his injury history has been most prevelant, and his level of play has dropped, after he got away from what was working for him, I say go for it and use what made him what he was... a quick reacting, dynamic playmaker

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 3:00 pm

955875 wrote:Injuries have nothing to do with withing running himself out of plays. Great talent but needs to step-up his mental aspect of the game. For all the "confusion" he allegedly causes offenses I just fail to see them actually confused...

If they were so confused wouldn't he have more than ZERO sacks or INTs this past year. In 06 he only had 1 sack. Not a big deal if he were snatching the ball from the offense. He is not. Nor is his "confusion" enabling other defenders to snatch the ball.

More often than not we can find Troy being run right into an offensive lineman.. No wonder dude is hurt all the time, he spends a good portion of the game banging in their with the oline.. What other defender does that?

Use the guys speed and explosion to RUN AROUND the big slow guys.. Not into them.

To be Fair, NO one was making Picks Last year... Team Leader had 3 if im not mistaken, and i think we only had 10-12 picks all year.

Pass Rush obviously Failed misserably and gave Opposition a chance to make plays and hit open men.
Also as others have stated... He really was banged up and in most of the meaningfull games at the end season, he sat out and Giggled on the Sidelines...

Ugh... Moving right along....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Pittsburgh wrote:

Thats the one thing....

Its gotta break your balls to see a 12 year old little girl lifting more/dooing the same things as you...
ROFL...

Who cares what anyone else is lifting in the gym? You do your own workout and don't worry about the crappy form/reps/sets someone else is using. I've had women step up to machines and increase the weight because my routine was different than theirs. I watch the roided out muscleheads cheating up curls to inflate their egos. I think people get intimidated in the gym precisely for this reason; which leads to the bad form you see all the time.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 5:57 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:
Pittsburgh wrote:

Thats the one thing....

ROFL...

Who cares what anyone else is lifting in the gym? You do your own workout and don't worry about the crappy form/reps/sets someone else is using. I've had women step up to machines and increase the weight because my routine was different than theirs. I watch the roided out muscleheads cheating up curls to inflate their egos. I think people get intimidated in the gym precisely for this reason; which leads to the bad form you see all the time.

Dude either that Chick Has Balls, or Your Puny.

Now Which one is it.

Im just bustin balls i agree on all your Points, its about Personal Results not what anyone else is dooing....
Although if someone has crazy physique and i see him dooing an exercise ive never tried before... Trust me, i believe in Each one teach one... I dont gotta do the same weight but i think you get my point.

Troy is a Beast no doubt.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Sat May 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Seriously though...
No Female should be lifting more than you on any machine/exercise unless she bodybuilding...
If thats what you were talking about then cool.

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Sat May 24, 2008 6:40 pm

No one will EVER convince me that a professional football players should not be lifting weights in a conventional manner. I have no problem with him doing the things he is doing, and I am sure it all has great value. That said, he should ALSO be lifting weights! Do both if you think that other stuff benefits you. Do you think other players ONLY lift? Hell no. They all use multiple training methods. Troy just refuses to lift. All that shit he is doing will never make him add bulk which he is sorely missing. Bulk would add to his toughness and ability to stay healthy.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:51 pm

I have not seen anyone in the NFL with the closing speed of Taz. N-O-B-O-D-Y! Sure he plays with some recklesss abandon, but I that is how you have to play defense. He can be 10 yards off a player and close and hit that player before they get another 2 yards. You just can't teach that.

What I do not like is seeing him lined up inside up close on the line and running right into the heart of the o-line. I think that eliminates his greatest ability. Use him as a decoy in those situations and blitz someone else. Or, have him loop outside. He is a great talent, but even he cannot (usually) defeat 300+ LB linemen head on.

I think we will see the "old" Troy P this season. You know...the one that did cause confusion.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Sun May 25, 2008 12:15 am

Pittsburgh wrote:Seriously though...
No Female should be lifting more than you on any machine/exercise unless she bodybuilding...
If thats what you were talking about then cool.

Good grief you're a textbook example of what I'm talking about. Did you watch Polamalu's workout? Did you see the small amounts of weight he was pushing? Get it? Some routines are based on low-weights/high-reps. Second, lots of people try to use way more weight than they can actually push, then end up with improper form (using their legs to toss up a curl bar for example).

From your two posts I'm guessing you don't lift, so here's an example. One exercise I do on a bench press is to do sets at a starting weight then decrease the amount until I can't lift anymore. I'll get down to maybe 60 lbs on the bar TOTAL. Now, I've seen this happen since I'm a big guy at 290. Some yahoo will see me pushing and struggling with that little weight, then run over to the next bench or machine to show what HE can do and stack the bar with more than he can manage in a decent set. The typical weight room idiot.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun May 25, 2008 1:08 am

you guys are all missing the point. Polamalu is training to build speed, increase his bodies stamina...major point there...increase the speed of his muscle reflexes....fast muscle twitch is what troy excels in.....and preparing his tendons and ligaments for explosive bursts of instantaneous speed.

NO GYM RAT or self professed workout expert on this thread will even begin to understand what troy does to get ready for football. most FOOTBALL players dont understand.

PS troy has fallen away from this workout for almost a couple years and went more traditional and he went backwards and had many more injuries. last year he played with four separate injuries.

Troy is going back to the workout that made him a pro bowler. made him the best.

Troy has said that standard workout with heavy weights for some reason make him LOSE TOO MUCH WEIGHT. dont know why that is but its what he has said in the past.

seems opposite of what we know but hey....those samoan and hawaiian mother fuckers are built TOTALLY different than white or black men. ive know plenty of hawaiians and pacific islanders and pound for pound they are freaks of nature. super mother fucking fast reflexes and super strong even if wiry looking. my bro who is hawaiian and i grew up with would pick fights outside of clubs at 19 and 20 years old with five guys at a time. no joke i saw this wiry mother fucker beat up five guys who were all bigger than him. all by himself.

they have sick fast muscle twitch. he would move in on all five tell one of them how he was going to kick his ass and before you could blink his hands and body were in motion and down one goes....the next all follow .....troy has that. he needs to NOT LIFT HEAVY. .....when guys that are built like that lift heavy it slows down the fast muscle twitch to nothing. and it slows down the range of motion drastically also.

so yes....IF anyone is saying troy needs to add muscle mass to protect himself ...bulking up....YOUR A STUPID SHIT RETARD WHO DOESNT KNOW DICK ABOUT the human body.

sit down...shut up...and start reading about speed.

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Sun May 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:so yes....IF anyone is saying troy needs to add muscle mass to protect himself ...bulking up....YOUR A STUPID SHIT RETARD WHO DOESNT KNOW DICK ABOUT the human body.

Forget knowing about the human body. I actually played football. How about you? I'm not building an argument about football around my buddy who was a good street fighter.

Return to Stillers Talk