Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers pick #7 = FS Gerod Holliman

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Steelers pick #7 = FS Gerod Holliman

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552442

STEEL OF THE DRAFT!

Thorp Award winner had an NCAA Record 14 picks last year, and 17 passes defended.
AWESOME BALL SKILLS
Nice size at 6 foot 218 pounds. and WRAPS UP as a tackler (but does miss some times).
can't find a 40 time but his game speed is fast.

only down side is has just 1 year as a starter as a redshirt sophomore, so there is some inconsistency in his play.
Was behind the jets #1 pick last year.(and pretty much Louisville's entire secondary was drafted this year)

Athlon had him ranked as the 93rd over all prospect and Sports illustrated the 65th. (Haven had him as a 4th or 5th rounder)

:heart: the pick

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers pick #7 = FS Gerod Holliman

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Wed May 06, 2015 11:45 pm

I'll take a Ball Hawk over a big hitter every day of the week. I am tired of watching Mike Mitchell (or Ryan Clark before him) make a bad hit on a receiver AFTER the ball arrives (and risk a penalty). All 3 DBs in this class were drafted based on their ability to make a play on the ball in the air!!! It's so much easier to separate the ball from the receiver BEFORE the receiver touches it! Great pick!

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Steelers pick #7 = FS Gerod Holliman

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Fri May 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Passing league now. We got 3 guys who anticipate the interception and have soft hands. Mix in a better pass rush (which i think will improve) and it should equal more turnovers. Remember all the int.'s Ike dropped? You won't see that from these 3 guys. Holliman hopefully, will be a more willing tackler now that he's getting paid. :sufootballhelmet:

Return to Stillers Talk