Postby thesteelhammer » Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552264

Ballhawk, but very short and small at 5'9 and 176 pounds

perfect nickle back.
mixed feelings on this pick

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Steelers #2 pick = Cb Senquez Golson

Postby Sun and Steel » Fri May 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Pick makes no sense at all. They were left in free fall grabbing for their asses when Maxx Williams was off the board to the Ravens. Reach plain and simple. Nickel corner who barely wants to play football. The Steeler brain trust is remaining true to form. Dupree was a good pick but they crapped out here. The words "lack of size shows often" from the bio echo in my mind. That is already happening all over the field. The offense is going to have to score 35 a game with the way our secondary is shaping up.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Fri May 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Totally agree S&S. Showed their hand early in the day with the idea for trading up to get Maxx and ozzie newsome tooled colbert because of it.
Nice they got a CB who fits in size between dri archer and william gay.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 am

I like this player, but don't think we got value here, or the starting CB we need,

Golson is a legit CB. He can cover and is a threat to pick any ball. decent speed with a 4.46 40 time.
but at 5'8 or even 5'9 he lacks the size the steelers have sought in their starting CBs.
Perhaps he can be what Antwan Winnfield was for the vikings, but I don't believe Golson has the same kind of tackling skills and will be a liability against the run to any side he plays on.

If we had 2 solid starting CBs, I'd like this pick as a nickle CB, but under our current situation, I don't see him as the starter we all hoped for.
additionally At pick 56, we took a cb who SI had ranked as the 91st overall player and Athlon had ranked 80th and a guy most had going in the 3rd round. Not what I'd call a value pick.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:33 pm

It wouldn't be that big a shock if he turned out to be decent, but IDK.

I maintain even before he was drafted I would've selected CB Byrion James of UConn in the 1st round instead of Dupree. James is not only good, he is listed at just under 6'1.

Oh well. What's done is done.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat May 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Steel Haven had him as a 4th or 5th round value

Seasoned Veteran

MY TWO CENTS

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Sun May 03, 2015 1:02 pm

The NFL has become a passing league. Defenses see a lot of 4 and 5 WR formations. All 3 of these guys we drafted yesterday Golson, Grant and Holliman play the ball in the air extremely well and have soft hands to make the interception. I think the 3 combined for 29 interceptions last year. The player they wanted to trade up for in the 2nd round was Golson. Again we got 3 ball hawks.

Return to Stillers Talk