Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Jason Worilds RETIRES!!!!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Jason Worilds RETIRES!!!!

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 am

LOL - What??!?!?!?!?! I had to check my calendar to see if this was April Fool's day!!!!

After pulling off the ruse of the century and getting the Transition Tag last season (worth $9.75 million) from Colbert and friends, Worilds decides not to pursue a FA contract.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Worilds-retires-from-NFL/f15dc0c4-d493-4e89-ac6c-01a448c4b0f9

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jason Worilds RETIRES!!!!

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 pm

As much as he made, he was set to make huge cash in free agency. I say good for him and if his heart isn't in it then he doesn't belong on the field, especially playing linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He may be one of the smart ones who invests his mony well and lives happily after all. I will never feel bad for NFL owners when a guy takes their money and retires.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jason Worilds RETIRES!!!!

Postby Pommah » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 am

SoCal Stiller wrote: I will never feel bad for NFL owners when a guy takes their money and retires.

Amen, SoCal.

We judge these guys harshly because they make so much, but can't really know what they went through or what is up with them. But a brother got paid, and that's a good thing.

Return to Stillers Talk