Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » For the Stillers, the Future is Right Now

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

For the Stillers, the Future is Right Now

Postby PalmerSucks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 pm

For the Stillers, the Future is Right Now has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: For the Stillers, the Future is Right Now

Postby fred » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Liked what I saw from the Cleveland LB you mentioned. Seems like he has a Steelers attitude. Still waiting to get a bead on what Butler looks like as the decision maker on the D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Quiet day on the FA front for the Steelers, except losing players. If not mistaken, aren't the Steelers, despite lackluster success on defense, a mediocre offensive line, and no back up running back up against the salary cap? They just got thinner at D back... and now they need a left outside linebacker with Worlids retirement.

Palmersucks is dead right about this being the most critical off season--and how the hell are they going to make up a roster relying on the draft?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:42 am

I have no problem with not being a player at this stage of free agency where most teams overpay for players. I would rather they didn't put all of their cap money into a handful of players. The only guy I would have wanted for the big money was Revis, but the Jets were all in just to stick it to the Pats. His effect on the entire defense would have been worth it. Even with Worilds retirement, I still believe CB is the biggest area of need especially with McCain going to Miami. He was one of our better looking young corners last season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Well, thank God they re-signed Spaeth! That defense is going to really suck next year at this point.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:I still believe CB is the biggest area of need especially with McCain going to Miami. He was one of our better looking young corners last season.

I'll just go ahead and disagree on this point, if only because I like Antwon Blake so much. Between Gay enjoying the best years of his career, and cautious optimism that Cortez can somehow stop being a bag of shit, I think Blake will emerge as a multi-dimensional threat on defense. All I've seen the guy do is make plays and show off some incredible athleticism, so that's good enough for me at this point. I acknowledge that Ike may be done, and we're a bit thinner at CB, but at Safety and OLB we're looking emaciated.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Palmersucks... what does Ben's signing do to the salary cap? It has to blow it up completely no?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:31 pm

With all the talk about Troy's impending departure, I seem to recall someone on this site hypothesizing that Mitchell's resigning was done because the team knew he would move over to succeed Troy (in a position Mitchell is supposedly more comfortable) and Shamarko might get a crack at the other side (in a position he played a lot more than corner in college.) Any truth to this? Anyone know? Did I imagine this?

Return to Stillers Talk