Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » What Position Should Be Taken 1st In The Draft?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

What Position Should Be Taken 1st In The Draft?

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:34 am

Even though it's still a couple of months away, it's never too early to discuss here; What position/player do you think The Steelers SHOULD,(not will), draft with their first round pick this year?

I admit I haven't studied specific players and positions, but I'd go 1.) Cornerback 2.) Safety 3.) Defensive Line. That is in the order if the best available player at the position is gone by when they draft in round 1.

Your pick(s)?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: What Position Should Be Taken 1st In The Draft?

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Definitely Defensive backs, but I am not sure about Outside Linebacker either. If they want to go 4-3 they are going to have to draft a true Defensive tackle or two. I hope one day they might actually draft a real offensive tackle so Roethelisburger isn't getting the shit beat out of him constantly. I believe they also need a tight end. I love Heath Miller but his days are numbered. Oh and don't forget a running back, but a back up might be best had on the free agent market.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:50 am

Good point about TE. Not only is this Miller's 11th year in the league, but there is nobody currently under contract in the position with the team. Hell, even when there was, Spaeth and Palmer have to be the worst back-ups around. Time to upgrade for sure.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Steelers76-- I don't really follow college football anymore--is that kid from Oregon any good at TE?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:26 am

LenSherwood wrote:Steelers76-- I don't really follow college football anymore--is that kid from Oregon any good at TE?

Truthfully, unless you're asking about Winston or Mariotta at QB, I'm pretty clueless to this years draft class. Will have to do some research as draft day nears....

As far as back-up RB, I'm hoping they pick up a solid No. 2 when F.A. period hits this week. That is a position I would not leave up to chance in an unproven rookie's hands.
Last edited by Steelers76 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:04 pm

With backup RB taken care of in FA, we need to set our sites on DB's and OLB's. Resigning Deebo was a good move, but it is like putting a bandaid on a severed artery. We need help at LB. I am hopeful (and naïve) that Beasley falls to us but that's unlikely. I don't know anyone at CB in the draft, but anyone might be better than what we have, at this point.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Randy Gregory just got busted for weed could slip out of the top 10. If he's available, I would love us to take him.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 am

sorry bubby - I am just not enamored of another underweight injury prone LB and possible pot bustee

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:32 am

Not taken first, but there's a kid out of Miami of Ohio named Quinten Rollins who will go in later rounds but could be a fantastic value

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/2/4 ... en-rollins

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:25 pm

PG, I understand that Gregory comes with many big question marks, which is a hard thing to swallow with a first round pick. But I like to gamble and would roll the dice on him or Shane Ray, both of whom like to get high like the rest of the NFL but aren't smart enough to avoid getting caught.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:14 pm

CB

Return to Stillers Talk