Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Sickening Outcome of the 2014 NFL Season

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

The Sickening Outcome of the 2014 NFL Season

Postby PalmerSucks » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 am

The Sickening Outcome of the 2014 NFL Season has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Sickening Outcome of the 2014 NFL Season

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Excellent article as usual. Sickening is a good way to describe it. Hell, it's just yesterday that I stopped vomiting enough to post here. It will be interesting to see where the D goes moving forward. One thing I do know.... Management needs to make much better decisions this off-season or it will be more of the same bullshit when the season starts again.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Jesus, if not for two out of their ass lucky plays by the Giants, Bellichick and Brady could have six rings... I couldn't agree more on Edelman--that was the MVP. He was the Patriot offense. As for the Steelers, who knows? They have to get better on the defensive side of the ball and I don't know if that is possible with the talent they have...their secondary is not exactly the legion of boom... doom rather... doom for the Steelers.

Practice Squad

Postby trombilus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Palmer just wanted to say I've been following you for years and just want to say that I love your pen name, makes me laugh every time I see it. I agree with most everything that you have talked about in all of your most recent articles. The thing that aggravates me the most is the absolute professional irresponsibility of our head coach in not procuring a back up running back for our team.That in itself should be enough to get him dismissed and is totally unforgivable.Just finished re reading Rocky Bleiers book and back in those days Chuck Noll used to carry 5 to 6 running backs. Now I know that maybe modern day football doesn't call for one to carry that many backs on their roster anymore, but C'mon Man you got to do better then we did.As far as Blount is concerned what a collosal mistake either in taking him in the first place, or letting him go the way we did. I truly believe we would have beat Baltimore with him in the lineup.As far as the last play of the Superbowl was concerned I have to go along with the deli guy. I think they should of handed off toLynch. I mean c'mon I'm the qb in the huddle I say c'mon Marshawn 1 yard and we win the Superbowl,I think the dude would have run through a brick wall. If he didn't then call time out and use the roll out or pass. I'd then take my chances with Wilson's legs or arm. Anyway with that said keep up the good work and lets hope for better days ahead.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelTank » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:12 pm

The best call by the Seahawks would have been play-action with a toss to the back of the end zone. Not a slant - the slant was not a good call at all.

The Patriots, minus the "Tuck rule" call and the inability of Seattle to score at the end, would only have 2 Super Bowl rings and three fewer playoff wins so what happened in those games happened.

The Patriots have played in the worst division in Football for years - at least 20 years ever since the Bills lost their last Super Bowl. Sure makes life much easier when you have a cake-walk to the playoffs every year.

The Patriots are a very good football organization, but a lot of good fortune went their way over the years. One helmet catch on third down doesn't even come close to over-shadowing all of the serendipity the Pats have had.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Agree with your thoughts. Could it be that part of the chess game between coaches looked like this: Carrol (make no mistake it was Carrol playing the chess here) sent in the bluff with the 3 wide reciever bunch set. Bellychick didn't fall for it, which put Christmas Carrol in a bind with the timeouts and the clock running. One can't help but remember how Carrol outfoxed Fox all game long the last SB by using Marshmallow Lunch as a decoy all game long. Christmas Carrol tried to bluff with the big fellow on the wheel route as he had earlier in this drive. But New England had their rookie well coached as he recognized the play and jumped the route at the snap of the ball. The Popeye's cook sent Lockett flying and Rustle Wilson's pass was very soft almost like a basketball lob making the Int quite easy. Carrol and Wilson outsmarted only themselves and they did not get lucky this time. I live in Seattle area and peopke here keep saying the best team did not win. No accolades whatsoever to the Pats. I am so sick of these football know it alls here who never heard of Butler and still claim Ben did not score in our SB with them. While I totally agree with your assessments of the play, I am glad the Tweeters are calling it the worst call ever in a SB.

Practice Squad

Postby trombilus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 pm

The tuck rule was the most asinine , fabricated call that I ever saw. Makes no sense. Ref must of had money on the Pats.

Return to Stillers Talk