Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Deep Breath....HOLD IT....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Deep Breath....HOLD IT....

Postby indysteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 am

That's what I'll be doing on every ST play.

Will this be "GroundHog Day" or do we finally have the special team fiascos worked out.

Odds for Mendenhall to fumble (if Tomlin puts him in).

Odds for NateNate "Crisco" Washington to drop one?

Odds for BR to get injured due to inept line blocking.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Deep Breath....HOLD IT....

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:08 pm

I'll be holding my breath everytime Ben drops back to pass. O-line needs to protect him.

I don't know the odds of the things you asked about but Here are some odds that Ed Bouchette set out in today's Post-Gazette

The odds of the Steelers winning the Super Bowl are not that steep. In fact, they are 18-1, according to BodogLife.com, which issued a slew of intriguing "props,'' as they're called in Las Vegas. If you want the Steelers to win the AFC Championship, it's 9-1 and they have them even money to win the AFC North Division.

Here's a look at some over/under odds, with appropriate comments:

• Victories, 9: That's about right. I figure 10-6 so I'll take the over.

• Home victories, 5.5: Houston, Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincinnati, New York Giants. You need one more to take the over with the Colts, Chargers and Cowboys left. If you pick them to win 10, you have to pick them to win six at home.

• Away victories, 3.5: Easier than the home choice. Go for the over with Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincinnati and one more.

• Ben Roethlisberger passing yards, 3,350: A tough one. He threw for 3,513 in 2006 but they were behind a lot. He threw for 3,154 last season and missed one game. I'll go under.

• Roethlisberger passing TDs, 26: He had 32 last season, by 14 his career high. He'd need to go under that by seven to lose this bet if you go OVER.

• Sacks allowed, 27: They allowed 47 last season. A no-brainer to go over.

• Willie Parker rushing yards, 1,200: The fewest by Parker in his past three years were 1,202 in 2005. He had 1,316 in 14 games plus one carry last season. But then, he did not have a first-round draft choice join him in the backfield. Under.

• Rashard Mendenhall rushing yards, 675: This would have been a tough number for the rookie to reach if he had not lost three fumbles in his last two games. He won't play as often because of it early in the season. Under.

• Hines Ward receiving yards, 875: He had 732 yards last season on 71 receptions (he missed three games). Roethlisberger's arsenal has expanded, including third-down back Mewelde Moore. Under.

• Santonio Holmes receiving hards, 1,075: He had 945 last season and missed three games. Over, easily.

• Limas Sweed receiving yards, 370: Has anyone in Vegas been paying attention? Under.

• James Harrison sacks, 6: He led the Steelers with 8.5 last season and has someone in LaMarr Woodley to help prevent the double teams. Over.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08251/910110-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:39 pm

I'll be holding my breath every time Tomlin has to make a big decision.

He still has to prove to me that he knows how to think well and caclulate odds under extreme pressure.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:50 pm

I will be holding my breath every time the ball is snapped when we have the ball.

It's going to take a while to TRUELY instill my faith in this line but I AM confident that at some point throughout the season, they WILL find cohesion and WILL be a dominant line.

Not so sure about that week 1.

*gasp* :o

Return to Stillers Talk