Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Blount is going to the Super Bowl! I got a feeling!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Blount is going to the Super Bowl! I got a feeling!

Postby PalmerSucks » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 am

Blount is going to the Super Bowl! I got a feeling! has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Blount is going to the Super Bowl! I got a feeling!

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Good article Palmer and admittedly I am one of those Stillers fans that falls in to the "save our SB record nonsense" and yes the way to preserve it is to win it....again. I asked myself as I watched Blount steamroll through the Colts that were it not for Bell's talent would he have been sent packing as well? Sure, he didn't walk off the field in disgust, but he was inhaling also. How short-sighted of the coaching/management to not begin a plan B after showing Blount the door. Seems to me the Steelers "way" of showing how righteous they think they are compared to other NFL teams with problem children. Did they try to work with Blount at all or just pompously make an example out of him with the Steelers "way"? I tend to agree that the Steelers could have been playing farther in to the playoffs with a plan B, which is what the ravens did when Rice was sent packing and Forsett stepped in and did a helluva job. I said as much in the thread during the ravens game. I also agree that the D did look better this year and yes LeBeau should have been out a few years back.

Now I am certain everyone is sick of the deflate-gate (God how I hate the addition of the word "gate" to all things controversial), but I wanted to comment and see if anyone else agrees...or not. Simply put I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE QB DOES WITH HIS FOOTBALLS! If what I hear is correct that each team receives their own footballs to use when they are on offense why should the NFL even get involved in regulating the pressure. If a QB is more comfortable with a brick so be it. If a QB wants to throw a pancake so be it. And all this nonsense about letting the colts-ravens play a game to determine the AFC team is making me sick. Especially here in the land of the ravens that is all I hear. I know damn sight well if the Steelers had been one of those teams they wouldn't be saying that! Now an article states that the Ravens claim that in the game against the patriots the balls they were using to kick with were under-inflated causing their YPK to be down. Well the ravens kicked ONE 25 yd. FG and the punter avg. 50 YPK. I read that the NFL has 8 footballs shipped from the manuf. and both sides use the same ball. Will it ever end?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Blount was the best FA that Colbert signed, but there was little choice but to let him go. Like Mike, he wasn't a team player. Am a fan of Haley, but, as usual, Haley repeats things until it gets him in trouble.
Your football instincts are shown to be very good, again.
Can we root for both teams to lose the SB. I live in the Sheattle and used to like the team until facing some of the dopiest fans. Wish the NFL would dig out the unsportsmanlike conduct flags they used to throw when fans would not let the opposing team call signals.
Finally, do you have any real insight to Butler? Where is he taking the D? While LeBeau may have had one of his better coaching seasons, Labriola had a very good article about the Cravens secondary and how little that has to do w pass D. Steelers D contributed as many losses as they did wins and IMO that is why the Steelers have their vacation hats on.
What do you see Butler making the D into? 4-3? Hybrids? Is Lemon a lemon like Logan? Will Tomlin exert some of his real coaching instincts on D now that DH LeBeau is not in the way anymore? Just curious.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Truly outstanding writing Palmer Sucks; this is your best post for the year. I thought that Cowher's retirement press conference revealed the young Rooney to be a little prick. Did you notice that Cowher wouldn't go near him? If what you say is true, that you have the equivalent of the little schmuck Danny Snyder, this organization is in large trouble once Big Ben is gone. They do seem to unceremoniously be letting coaches that actually won Super Bowls go. You can probably add Arians to your Blount scenario.. he took a team to the playoff with Palmer (who sucks) and then two other nobodies. Let's see Tomlin do that. As for the Pittsburgh Press, they have their heads so far up the Rooney's ass that you can see Ron Cook when lil Arty talks.

Bravo dude...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 pm

I actually think the best article Palmer wrote this year was the one about Flak-O suing Jacoby Jones for lost wages after he failed to bail his average QB out against Pitt with a kick return or two. Priceless.

Return to Stillers Talk