Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Dick Resigns !! And Dicks 2014 Game by game breakdown -- The Dick Report (The Farce Exposed)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Dick Resigns !! And Dicks 2014 Game by game breakdown -- The Dick Report (The Farce Exposed)

Postby StillMill » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Dick Resigns !! And Dicks 2014 Game by game breakdown -

Postby fred » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:09 am

Mr. LeBeau, thank you for this early Christmas gift. Luv ya, and now we can get on with Steeler football. Hope your retirement is great.
Rex, you wanna give it a shot? Just don't bring us a 2 year program and then leave. Tomlin seems to have a grip on the fact that he can only be as good as his coaching staff. Next man up hopefully can recognize talent comparable to Haley.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 am

Rex has signed with Buffalo, as far as I know. Seems like Butler is the heir apparent.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby stillgrill » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 pm

This team needs some new defensive ideas - QB's like Flacco & Brady & Brees must laugh when they see the SAME blitz schemes they saw 4-5 yrs ago. I believe Tomlin wants a 4-3 & Butler will get the DC job ONLY if he agrees. Aren't sure of the LB positioning in a 4-3, but it will be a lot easier to try to get a pile-pushing D-lineman in the draft than wait for the underweight & underperforming high draft pix (Shazier/JJones) to stay out of the training room.

Practice Squad

Postby Still_Cello » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Yes, it would be interesting to see if a 4-3 is in the Steelers future. The worst case scenario is that they hire Butler and he doesn't change much... but I doubt that will happen becuase why even get rid of Lebeau then? I think whatever they do, it will become simpler for rookies/2nd years players to grasp and therefore we can stop spending so much $$$ to keep average veterans....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:06 pm

stillgrill wrote:This team needs some new defensive ideas - QB's like Flacco & Brady & Brees must laugh when they see the SAME blitz schemes they saw 4-5 yrs ago. I believe Tomlin wants a 4-3 & Butler will get the DC job ONLY if he agrees. Aren't sure of the LB positioning in a 4-3, but it will be a lot easier to try to get a pile-pushing D-lineman in the draft than wait for the underweight & underperforming high draft pix (Shazier/JJones) to stay out of the training room.

You have to have a bad ass middle linebacker for the 4-3. The Middle linebacker in this scheme is exposed to blocks from guards and centers all the time. Is Timmons that guy? Don't think so.

Return to Stillers Talk