Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Divisional Playoff Round

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Divisional Playoff Round

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Don't know 'bout the rest of ya' but I Stiller don't feel good after the loss to the Poes. Usually I move on, but it still pisses me off. At any rate as a football fan I am still interested in the upcoming divisional playoff games and curious as to how you might see the upcoming games without much in depth pontification from me. That is if you care at all.

Poes at Pats - I think the poes win as hard as it is to say that. The poes defensive front is going to make life miserable for Brady and as I have said before, for the Pats, no emotion, no win. No matter what is said about Flacco he has impressive playoff numbers especially in his last 9 playoff games 2200 yds., 20 TD's, 2 picks. Just in his last 5 consecutive playoff winning games he has 13 TD's and 0 picks and QB rating of 106.0 including a few jerseys sold! That is also painful to say. I don't think they win the SB, but stand a good chance of taking the AFC Championship after getting past Brady. Don't forget Harbawl pronounced Flacco the best QB in football after beating the Steelers last week!

Colts at Broncos - Bronco win without much in the way of analysis from me. Colts struggled in first half against the A.J. Green-less Bungals, but true to form Dalton and the Bungals folded like a cheap tent in the second half. Miller and Ware need to get after Luck, but the Colt OL is pretty decent. Julius Thomas has a big day for Broncos and Bronco secondary needs to shut down Colts Hilton.

Cowboys at Packers - Packers will win especially at home where the cold may be too much for the Cowboys and Romo and hopefully the refs do not give it away to the Cowboys....again. I really was looking forward to the Lions moving on if for no other reason than it is nice to see different teams in the playoffs. Not to mention an opportunity to see more of Ndamukong Suh's WWE, er I mean NFL skills!

Carolina at Seahawks - Seahawks easy win. The Steelers barely eke out a .500 record against the 4 lowly NFC South teams and just do not see the Panthers getting past the Hawks. I recall mentioning a few weeks ago tongue in cheek that if the Steelers made it to the SB better hope the NFC South team doesn't make it.

In the end though I would really enjoy an impressive blowout by the Pats over the Poes to make me feel better.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Divisional Playoff Round

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm going with chalk for these games;

AFC-1 New England 31-AFC-6 Baltimore 20

AFC-2 Denver 34- AFC-4 Indianapolis 31

NFC-1 Seattle 31-NFC 4 Carolina 10

NFC-2 Green Bay 34- NFC 3 Dallas 17

Got 3 out of 4 right in my Yahoo pick 'em league, with my only wrong pick being The Steelers. :supissed:

Return to Stillers Talk