Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » CJ Mosley third in All Pro

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

CJ Mosley third in All Pro

Postby SteelTank » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 am

Well, the guy we were supposed to take at Inside LB finished third in the All Pro voting this year as a rookie. Pretty darn impressive and he plays for the Ravens to make matters worse.

It's a shame that we took Shazier when CJ was there - makes no sense for us to pass on him and now our defense is without Keenan Lewis and CJ Mosley and perhaps a decent CB taken in the third round of this years deep defensive draft.... These kind of personnel mistakes have to be noticed by ownership and then someone needs to be made accountable. I'd start with Colbert.

Then again, maybe ownership is the problem as well.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: CJ Mosley third in All Pro

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:23 am

Personally, I would like to wait at least 3 years before I pass judgment on draft picks. Neither has fully developed into what they're capable of or going to be, both physically and mentally. Comparing the 2 right now is apple to oranges, especially when you consider Ryan's injuries and the fact that the Ratbirds have schemed Mosley as one of the focal points of their defense.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Besides, Mosley wen to Baltimore for a reason. Give him a year and he'll probably be pouring bleach on his children and kicking his girlfriend in the face...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:30 pm

SteelTank wrote:Well, the guy we were supposed to take at Inside LB finished third in the All Pro voting this year as a rookie. Pretty darn impressive and he plays for the Ravens to make matters worse.

It's a shame that we took Shazier when CJ was there - makes no sense for us to pass on him and now our defense is without Keenan Lewis and CJ Mosley and perhaps a decent CB taken in the third round of this years deep defensive draft.... These kind of personnel mistakes have to be noticed by ownership and then someone needs to be made accountable. I'd start with Colbert.

Then again, maybe ownership is the problem as well.

I posted this mid-November in response to the question whether Jones was a bust: You may be right and I am hopeful that Shazier steps up after overcoming the ankle problem. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't grab CJ Mosley before the Poes drafted him this year. Mosley has 50+ tackles, couple picks, and a forced fumble playing in all games thus far. Perhaps the Steelers were looking for side-to-side speed, but Mosley has been steady. I will admit my bias towards Crimson Tide could have been a factor as well. - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5793#sthash.ay9yQSA9.dpuf
Last edited by Steelerssix on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:31 pm

isfry wrote:Besides, Mosley wen to Baltimore for a reason. Give him a year and he'll probably be pouring bleach on his children and kicking his girlfriend in the face...

:lol: Yeah, but it won't matter even if the cameras are watching.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:39 am

The Colbert Tomlin draft team does not have much to show for drafts on the defensive side of the ball. Timmons is steady if not spectacular and Heywood. Not much else after that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:41 pm

The Ratbirds head of security just got canned for sexual harassment. He was the guy who took the call about Rice popping his girlfriend. So the one guy who can refute the Rats' owner's claim that he knew nothing about Rice now has penis problems and is totally unbelievable as a witness.

If Mosley is a bad actor but can play ball, he's got nothing to worry about. The rats got a murderer off the hook after all.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Colbert looks like an absolute idiot for taking Shazier over Mosley.

Return to Stillers Talk