Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Blount Release and Josh Harris, Part 2

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

The Blount Release and Josh Harris, Part 2

Postby PalmerSucks » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:49 am

http://stillers.com/Article/View/0e19d4 ... a8b9fcdcc5 has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Blount Release and Josh Harris, Part 2

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 am

I think we should all be thankful that:
1. his knee wasn't severely damaged from that hit
2. we are facing the ratbirds first who probably have the least explosive offense left in the AFC
3. we have a future HOF QB, the best WR in the game, and both the D-line and O-line playing the best football of the season right now
4. it's great to be a stillers fan!

Now let's go kick some shitbird ass!
:subngtowl:

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:45 am

Bell will be missed more for his all-around talents than his rushing abilities against the Rats. I think (barring a complete assoholic game-plan by Haley) or ( a SofTee* Defense meltdown) we should have a good chance.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Pretty prescient, Palmer. I look forward to seeing what Harris can do, if Bell can't go. The more I read this week, the more I think the signing of Tate was more to remedy the fact that they didn't have anybody BEHIND Harris, not to put somebody in front of him.
I hope Haley can come up with a game-plan that is not too cute but not too obvious. Bell's kind of a triple threat, running, catching the ball out of the backfield, and lining up in the slot. To fill those roles (as you aptly point out) we might need to use Harris, Tate, and Archer, respectively. That creates a situation where the defense might be tipped off to the play-calling solely based on personnel packages. We will need to mix it up to keep them off balance.

Either way this game is won on BR7's arm.

Go Steelers.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Reading articles like this is why I always check this site first. Real news, very good football knowledge, not so much girly frigging gossip. You provide some hope for strategies for the Cravens possible beatdown. Harris did show excellent speed, and deceptive speed that a big body might provide is strategem enough. Give him the ball, see what happens. If he can force Suggs etal to respect the box, then Ben can put a lot of pressure through the air.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:13 pm

fred wrote:If he can force Suggs etal to respect the box, then Ben can put a lot of pressure through the air.

From your lips to God's ears, Fred.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 pm

isfry wrote:Either way this game is won on BR7's arm.

I concur.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 pm

It's official.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nst-ravens

Get on the Josh-O Harris train.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:30 pm

I think Harris may surprise a few. I just hope he doesn't cough the ball up.

Who's assoholic decision to announce this so early? I would have kept the Rats guessing until kick-off.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm

chucktownsteeler wrote:Who's assoholic decision to announce this so early? I would have kept the Rats guessing until kick-off.

Mike Tomlin's decision, obviously. He had this to say:

"It’s simple for us. There were enough questions there regarding his availability that I thought it would be a distraction to us. I thought it was important that we utilize Friday to prepare the guys we knew were going to play, and really insulate the team during the last 36 hours before the game. In today’s NFL, you get bombarded with people asking questions, people texting players and assistant coaches, people in the media trying to do their jobs, and the combination of it all becomes an annoyance. We made the announcement. We can get singularly focused, we can get insulated and focus on the task at hand, which is winning this game tonight."

Kind of makes sense to me, actually.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:21 pm

I think Harris will be fine. The offensive line is playing very well. Just hold on to the bean. Stinkin ratbirds will definitely be going for the ball, knowing Harris is a greenhorn. I'm looking forward to the challenge the Steelers have playing without Bell.
It will be a nice feeling to smack down the ratbirds without #26. I think the Steeler defense smells blood, please please please , let my prediction stand. Steelers win big, 34-17. Defense is having fun again, flying all over the field, Slacko is in for a long night.

:subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :sucope: :sucope: :surockin: :celebrate:

Practice Squad

Postby davec » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:50 pm

forsett may have been a no name, but he was obviously a capable nfl back if you saw him in seattle.
unfortunately harris does not look to my eye like a legit nfl back, yes on all of 3 carries. but it seems to me you can tell pretty much immediately with rb's if they are legit or not. shame on the steelers front office, because this isnt 1975 and for whatever reason these days an average 3rd string nfl rb is usually legit, at least on 50% or so of teams.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:56 pm

davec wrote:forsett may have been a no name, but he was obviously a capable nfl back if you saw him in seattle.
unfortunately harris does not look to my eye like a legit nfl back, yes on all of 3 carries. but it seems to me you can tell pretty much immediately with rb's if they are legit or not. shame on the steelers front office, because this isnt 1975 and for whatever reason these days an average 3rd string nfl rb is usually legit, at least on 50% or so of teams.

Perhaps, but this management/coaching team for some reason refuses to get players some time on the field to see what they can do, e.g, Sharko. I guess they deem it necessary to showcase some players to justify the decisions for having them. Whaddo I know. :?

Return to Stillers Talk