Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stat That Favors The Steelers

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Stat That Favors The Steelers

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:12 am

So I just heard this little ditty this past week, and then researched it to make sure it was true.(And it is.) 6 of the past 9 Super Bowl Champions had to play on Wild Card Weekend. Meaning of course they were anywhere from 3, 4, 5, and 6 seeds.

Look at it this way; That stat doesn't possibly hurt The Steelers chances this post-season. :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stat That Favors The Steelers

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:12 am

If 'Bad Ben' doesn't appear and 'The Dick' doesn't piss away any opportunities and they don't overlook the Ratbirds - I like our chances on Saturday.

They need to put up big numbers on the scoreboard by halftime and go up early on them. We're in the best position to get our seventh Super Bowl.

New England hasn't made any serious forays into the postseason. The last time was the Moss season, and they ended up losing.

I keep getting this sick feeling that the NFC will be represented by that wannabe team out of Texas. To listen to them talk, they are in the best position to
get there. But then again, that might be just my wishful thinking.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:58 am

I've heard that re: Dallas, and I think it's wishful thinking at best. I can see them beating Detroit, but then having to go to Green Bay to face Rogers? Not with that spotty Defense and in and out Offense. The NFC will come down to Seattle or Green Bay, I'd bet money on it.

Re: New England; They did win The AFC Title and go to The Super Bowl during the 2011 season. But they lost to The Giants and Eli Manning. Again. Lol.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:10 pm

11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:19 pm

A couple other handy stats.

The Steelers were 5-1 against playoff teams in 2014, while Baltimore was 1-6 against teams with winning records.
The Steelers averaged 34 points-per-game against playoff opponents.
Pittsburgh has won both playoff games against Baltimore since Flacco was drafted.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby EDREED20 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 pm

So much for your stats!!

Joe "clutch" Flacco took care of your sad little team.

Enjoy the offseason!!

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Ed Reed,

Go clutch yourself.

Here's our favorite Ed Reed moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLRYuxoaKM

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Matthew1516 wrote:Ed Reed,

Go clutch yourself.

Here's our favorite Ed Reed moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLRYuxoaKM

:subngtowl:

LMAO! Hines was the man! How does someone like the EDREED dude get over 60 posts here, but clearly a poes sheep? Just curious.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Mathew... you are on a roll man! That response to the Ed Reed Asshole? Awesome :x :x

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:22 am

EDREED20 wrote:So much for your stats!!

Joe "clutch" Flacco took care of your sad little team.

Enjoy the offseason!!

Yeah, celebrate the fact Flaccid still has a losing record against The Steelers all time including the playoffs, cumstain.

And your off-season will begin this Saturday night around 8pm et.

Sorry they don't give out trophies for winning 1 playoff game. :sufu:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby EDREED20 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Awwww. Did I upset you? Of course they don't give trophys for one playoff win. But it's still better that my team won and yours didn't! Can you even remember the last Steelers playoff win???

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

EDREED20 wrote:Awwww. Did I upset you? Of course they don't give trophys for one playoff win. But it's still better that my team won and yours didn't! Can you even remember the last Steelers playoff win???

We finished ahead of you 2 straight years, including an AFC North Title this year. Remember that when your getting ass raped by Brady and Co. Your 1 playoff win means NOTHING unless you go on and win an AFC Title and/or a Super Bowl. And you won't.

But that's why your a Ratshit fan on a Steelers site. You want to be close to greatness. Either that or you're just obsessed with wanting to be us, just like your lowlife coach and his merry band of scumbags.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby EDREED20 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Who cares if you finished ahead of us. We Ended your season!!! Last year both teams were 8-8 so try again. So, when was the last time the Steelers won a playoff game?? If greatness is losing to the Jets, Tampa and a home playoff game to your rival then you can keep the greatness.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:04 pm

EDREED20 wrote:Who cares if you finished ahead of us. We Ended your season!!! Last year both teams were 8-8 so try again. So, when was the last time the Steelers won a playoff game?? If greatness is losing to the Jets, Tampa and a home playoff game to your rival then you can keep the greatness.

4-2 in Divisional play last year vs your 3-3, So you try your elementary math, which you obviously failed, again fuck-twat. 2 years and running we finished ahead of you wanna-bees.

And you want to talk about teams we lost to this season? Fine. Let's talk about teams we beat that YOU couldn't; Colts, Texans, and The Bungholes twice, the latter of which the Ratshits got swept by.

Like I said they don't give out trophies or banners for winning 1 playoff game. But we will get one for winning The AFC North, while you'll get....NOTHING.

Pretty pathetic you base your whole season on beating us in 1 playoff game. Then again when your 1-3 vs the Steelers in the post-season all time, you obviously strive to be us. Which you never will, fucktard which, AGAIN, is why you're on a Steelers site to begin with.

Do the world a favor and wrap your lips around a revolver and pull. :sufu:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby EDREED20 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 am

So you would rather win the division then win a playoff game at home to your rival?? Please stop embarrassing yourself. We beat you 2 out of 3 times and dominated you in the playoffs to end your season. Since the steelers last won a playoff game which was 4 years ago, the Ravens have gone 5-0 in the playoffs with a super bowl title!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 am

I don't mind EDREED20 on this site. He's right. Flacco has beaten us pretty soundly the last few years and they shellacked us this year in an away playoff game for them. Flacco sucks at times but seems to be winning when it matters. We'll see how he does today. I would much rather have the Ravens in the Super Bowl than the Patriots. Though I could see the Ravens getting beaten by the Donks.

AFC north is pretty loaded. We beat each other up during the regular season, which hurts for home playoff seed, but helps when it comes to playoff time, as you're battle-hardened.

Let's face it, we were a few bricks shy of a full load this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Pommah wrote:I don't mind EDREED20 on this site. He's right. Flacco has beaten us pretty soundly the last few years and they shellacked us this year in an away playoff game for them. Flacco sucks at times but seems to be winning when it matters. We'll see how he does today. I would much rather have the Ravens in the Super Bowl than the Patriots. Though I could see the Ravens getting beaten by the Donks.

AFC north is pretty loaded. We beat each other up during the regular season, which hurts for home playoff seed, but helps when it comes to playoff time, as you're battle-hardened.

Let's face it, we were a few bricks shy of a full load this year.

I tend to agree with you Pommah although it is unnecessary for the poe fan to come on and trash talk right away, but we can take it. Our time will come again, but perhaps not with the current coaching staff we are stuck with. At any rate below I am posting my thoughts for the game that I posted in my thread about the divisional playoff round, which did not get much response. I would rather see the Pats win because, well I don't like the ravens and know damn sight well we will see the famed Flacco lob at least a few times that I complain about and Mill agreed is a very good deep lob. Enjoy the game all.

Poes at Pats - I think the poes win as hard as it is to say that. The poes defensive front is going to make life miserable for Brady and as I have said before, for the Pats, no emotion, no win. No matter what is said about Flacco he has impressive playoff numbers especially in his last 9 playoff games 2200 yds., 20 TD's, 2 picks. Just in his last 5 consecutive playoff winning games he has 13 TD's and 0 picks and QB rating of 106.0 including a few jerseys sold! That is also painful to say. I don't think they win the SB, but stand a good chance of taking the AFC Championship (and getting a trophy - EDREED20) after getting past Brady. Don't forget Harbawl pronounced Flacco the best QB in football after beating the Steelers last week! Grrrr.- See more at: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5847#sthash.b5cug80M.dpuf

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:31 pm

EDREED20 wrote:So you would rather win the division then win a playoff game at home to your rival?? Please stop embarrassing yourself. We beat you 2 out of 3 times and dominated you in the playoffs to end your season. Since the steelers last won a playoff game which was 4 years ago, the Ravens have gone 5-0 in the playoffs with a super bowl title!!

You have a LOSING record against us all time, and you have a LOSING record against us in the playoffs.

We have more Super Bowls, AFC Titles, and Division Crowns than your merry band of scumbags ever will.

But you would rather have 1 playoff win and nothing else vs something actually tangible like a Division Title?!? LOL.

Let us know when you catch up. Until then, you will ALWAYS be inferior to us. ALWAYS.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Well shows what I know on my prediction huh? Fortunately I do believe that is the first time I have seen the famed Flacco lob go bad and the Poes lose and thankfully that will put this to rest now. Although I still do not understand what Belichick was thinking at the end. I never want to see Jacoby Jones with an opportunity to return a kick or give Flacco a chance for a hail mary. At least the poes do not advance.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:44 pm

I wonder how EdReed20's golf game is going.

Enjoy your offseason.

Dick.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk