Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Scenarios?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Scenarios?

Postby Pommah » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Here's my scenario to 7.

Vs. Ratbirds: Ben picks apart Rat's secondary just like last time. Get ahead early, put the game on Flacco's shoulders, Harrison harasses him into inconsistency.

Vs. Donco's: We have gone into Denver in the playoffs and won before, we have beaten Manning in a playoff game before. Granted, those were both in the '05 season, but the path to beat Manning in the playoffs is well known: rush him hard, and get through a bunch. If we can do that, Ben has a good game, we can win.

Vs. Cheatriots: It's pretty much the same thing, if we can get to Brady, we can win that game. Another Cheatriots achilles' heel that not many are aware of, they don't stop the run all that well. It's just that most teams find themselves behind very quickly and are forced into the passing game. If we have a healthy Bell here, and can get to Brady, this is a winnable game.

Vs. Seattle: Unlike isfry, I think it will be the Peeshots in the Stupor bowl and ton the Fudgepackers. I have no idea how we win this game. Their secondary is too good for us to score too many points and our defense is not good enough to stop them, IMHO. So we get some help from God.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Scenarios?

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Agree with your ravens and doncos assessment, but I could feel my stomach churn after that. I think if the pats come in bored and lack some emotion we have a good chance especially getting to Brady who can still get it done and Gronk is healthy. Yes, Seattle is back on track it seems, but isfry has been consistent and correct so far. Still think the Steelers can get it done especially if Bell is healthy by then, but it ain't no cakewalk. Also, I have said before a chance for a ring might motivate Tate to lay it out there!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 pm

vs. Rats - Ben lights 'em up, Flako-O shits his pants as Deebo bears down on him. We win big and early.

vs. Donks - give Manning "happy feet" early and he will be scattershot and scared. We win comfortably.

vs. Cheats - doesn't happen because the Colts will have upset them in Cocksboro.

vs. Dolts - See week 8.

vs. Squawks - doesn't happen cuz we are destined to beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Entertaining thread - it's like the butterfly effect

1) Ratshits - WE must come up with some kind of running game - who is the better pass blocking back? Josh or Tate? who is the better back catching flares and dumps - Tate or Josh? I want to see one of the third stringers sent in to KNOCK THAT FUCK CECIL UPSHAW OUT!!

2) Broncos - I think by then Bell is back and we beat Peyton and company - really think these first victories can happen

3) Gaytriots - Dick's Dullard Defense gets shredded by Marcia Brady and the gang starts cleaning up their golf clubs

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Oh - and on that 3rd string hit man - while he is at it - Clip the thug Suggs and send him to the ice bath early - then go over and smack the FUCK out of the head Zebra just to send Goodell a message

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:17 am

PGHeaven wrote:Oh - and on that 3rd string hit man - while he is at it - Clip the thug Suggs and send him to the ice bath early - then go over and smack the FUCK out of the head Zebra just to send Goodell a message

He's baaaaaaaack…….

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:34 am

You guys are getting too excited over a team that has faced two Super Bowl level QBs.. (yes Flacco has a ring) and they are 1-2. Manning is more beatable than Brady... but is this defense better than the one that lost to Tebow? It has been a run of beating mediocre QBs but Manning and Brady aren't mediocre and they are at home. Not likely to get that much pressure on either QB. There is no impact playmaker on this defense now like they had with Troy in 2005 to disrupt Manning. And as for Brady? They have no significant win over him with better personnel on defense than this one. So it comes down to Big Ben and the offense--can he out duel Manning then Brady? And probably without a significant running game-- knee injuries in the cold of winter are a bitch to overcome.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:54 am

LenSherwood wrote:Manning is more beatable than Brady... but is this defense better than the one that lost to Tebow?

I think the argument can be made that this defense in no worse than that one (despite the numbers), and definitely younger with more stamina. More importantly, the offense in that year averaged 20.3 points per game, compared to this year's 27.25. That's basically a full touchdown's difference per game. Plus, we broke 30 points only twice in 2011, whereas we broke 30 seven times in 2014, two of those being over 40 points and one fiftyburger. My point is that we now have a legit, explosive offense that can take over a game. Maybe one of the reasons our secondary gets so much heat this year is because opposing offenses know they need to air it out to catch up or keep up.

As for the Cheats and the donks, when we play Denver and IF we play the Cheats (because I expect the Dolts to upset them in Cocksboro) look for a healthy Bell to have a big game. His knee is fine. He may even be ready to play this weekend. He was more scared than hurt, cuz he didn't know what was gonna happen. The Donks and Cheats rank in the top third or so of overall run D, but when you look at YPC (3.7 and 4.0, respectively) it's clear that their rankings are based on people throwing the ball against them more than running, because of their ability to put up points in the passing game. It's the same reason we rank 6th in rush D, averaging 4.4 YPC per game.

I'm not worried about our D. We have a complete offense that can take games over in all phases.

Go Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Pommah wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:Oh - and on that 3rd string hit man - while he is at it - Clip the thug Suggs and send him to the ice bath early - then go over and smack the FUCK out of the head Zebra just to send Goodell a message

He's baaaaaaaack…….

Hilarious, but I am disappointed that I did not have to dust off the lexicon to learn a new vocabulary word today! ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Isfry-- no way the Colts beat New England. No way. The Colts have been going downhill for the past month. They probably aren't going to beat the Bungholes, but if they do, there is no way they get past New England in New England. They simply have no weapons for Luck to utilize right now. Dallas positively destroyed them--it was ugly. I agree with you that the offense has to win the games after the Shitbirds. Do not count the Shitbirds out of that game though Flacco has pulled several games out of his ass against the Steelers... but Baltimore is just not that good right now. Whoever said Flacco looks lost is dead right. The last good opponent they faced, good not great, Houston absolutely had him totally befuddled. But they got to him--the Steelers have to do that. It is just that there are too many open receivers for the Steelers to beat Manning or Brady. Both teams are built to beat this defense.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:43 pm

While we are making predictions I would like to add this notion

In at least one of the games - if not every game - the Zebras will do something to either ruin the games flow or make an outright FUCKED game changing call. Along these lines - I believe there will be one call - one flag - that will be so stultifying it will make you want to give up viewing football forever - and that flag will be against the Steelers

I think theses striped Nazi's are on full alert for James Harrison - and in their exuberance to hurl yellow underwear - they will make the most gutwrenching Fuckheaded call ever witnessed in Pro football

2 years ago Melon head Mike Turica blithely pronounced that the replacement refs were the worst he had ever seen. I will repeat ad infinitum - FUCK YOU TURICA and FUCK all unions

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:03 pm

PGHeaven wrote:In at least one of the games - if not every game - the Zebras will do something to either ruin the games flow or make an outright FUCKED game changing call

I fear that PG is right here. Remember Troy's interception of Manning in the '05 run? Zebra's gave the ball back to Peyton and he immediately drives for a TD. They were trying very hard to give that game to the Dolts so Manning could stay in the playoffs. That call and O'Donnell's picks in the Super Bowl are the biggest evidence I know of that these games can be rigged.

I expect this Ravens-Steelers game to revert back to the mean and be close, unlike the blowouts of this season.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:23 pm

LenSherwood wrote:Isfry-- no way the Colts beat New England. No way.

As the zen master once said, we'll see...

PGHeaven wrote:stultifying

There ya go, Six.

Pommah wrote:That call and O'Donnell's picks in the Super Bowl are the biggest evidence I know of that these games can be rigged.

I'm still convinced that Bill Parcells somehow had a hand in rigging that SB. Prolly won a shitload in Vegas and got O'Donnell run outta town, whom he thought was the last piece of his puzzle in NJ.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:35 pm

isfry wrote:
LenSherwood wrote:Isfry-- no way the Colts beat New England. No way.

As the zen master once said, we'll see...

PGHeaven wrote:stultifying

There ya go, Six.

Thank God! You know I was perusing the forum to discover where I missed the word "stultifying" from PG when what to my surprise I somehow missed his use of the Latin phrase "ad infinitum" when he was lavishing praise on Mike Turica just a few short posts ago! I apologize for my poor manners by skimming and missing that "teaching moment"; alas I could go on ad nauseum..... :lol:

Return to Stillers Talk