Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Re: Stillers-Bungals Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby isfry » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:22 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:No worries isfry, Im sure you can find him over at pcwhineybitch.com

:cheers:

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Which ever offense gives their QB more time in the pocket will win this game!

Practice Squad

Postby FuckTomBrady » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:16 pm

My last post was deleted. I am not sure my screen name is appropriate enough. (Sarcasm)

Momlin's failure to address looking for a decent punter over the years is unreal. Given how important field position
is in any game,( let alone the very real possibility a struggling Steeler offense without Bell Saturday), this is huge.

My Wish List for Saturday:

Ike, Troy and Cam Thomas do not see a snap.

Haley puts an offensive game plan together that will have us saying "where was that all year!?"(in a good way lol)

60 Minutes of pressure on Flukeoo by Silverback and Company. Fucco will be the second coming of Cutler, mark my words.

Side Note: I have been reading comments and reading feedback for several years and had a different screen name.
This site is what it is: a no holes barred breakdown from Steeler fans that understand football and pay attention to the details that many people who watch football will never understand. An unfiltered evaluation of what we see and opinions, right or wrong and the ability to agree or argue. If you don't enjoy it or get it, go read the shitty post gazette with Smizik, Cooke and Douchette.

Go Steelers, BB

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:11 am

Still Mill .....? Ok , whatever , some people think this guy is the best thing since sliced bread. Not me, sure he post alot of true facts on steelers football, but in the same token he writes alot of flatout bullshit. I disagree on so much you ramble on about.
Whatever, some people seem to take on to this guy like he speaks nothing but true facts. He's as clueless as the rest of us, and it shows in alot of his grade thing he does.
Hey Stale mold, you ain't all that and alot of us know your garbage is crap , sorry .
Go Stilllers :sufu:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 am

High5 wrote:Still Mill .....? Ok , whatever , some people think this guy is the best thing since sliced bread. Not me, sure he post alot of true facts on steelers football, but in the same token he writes alot of flatout bullshit. I disagree on so much you ramble on about.
Whatever, some people seem to take on to this guy like he speaks nothing but true facts. He's as clueless as the rest of us, and it shows in alot of his grade thing he does.
Hey Stale mold, you ain't all that and alot of us know your garbage is crap , sorry .
Go Stilllers :sufu:

Well... If you don't like it don't read it. I think Mill exagerates most of the time and this site doesn't provide in depth analysis. I found other sites, not official ones, that do a great job in keeping people really informed. This site has some good people in the forums though... Ok a lot of the people here still believe the Steelers play a 3-4 base defense ( something that has changed since McLendon took over NT )... And a lot of people here hate Tomlin without realizing that he has now the 4th best record between active coaches ( and he is not that far behind Belichick, McCarthy or John Harbaugh %wise...).
While I agree that he is bad at clock managmet, punter and losing to bad teams... Well He has 3 12-4 season, 1 11-5, 1 9-7 and 2 8-8... I think that if ends next year with a 10-6 or better the Rooneys will keep until 2030... And I wouldn't disagree with them...

But here it looks like he is a nobody...

Do you people realize how hard it is in the NFL ? Do you realize there is other 31 professional that work their as$ off ?

If you want to point out the problems is ok. But let's realize what this people are doing. As I said : FOURTH BEST RECORD BETWEEN ACTIVE COACHES.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

Success in the NFL, Ohio, depends upon having an elite QB. Big Ben is that, albeit an inconsistent one. With a mediocre QB or worse you suck. It is as simple as that. Tomlin had the luxury of coming to a team that had an already developed elite QB. I am not going to go ga ga over Tomlin until Big Ben retires and he has to actually coach a team with a developing QB. But I have to agree he is a good coach--he managed the tools well that he inherited. Also you have to give LeBeau more credit than Mill does. This was his best coaching year-- he won games with average talent. And picking up Mike Munchak was awesome--that O line is better than it has been since Cowher left.

But this playoff run isn't for long. It won't withstand either Manning or Brady should they by some miracle win in Denver. The last significant time they beat Manning, LeBeau had Troy at his most incredible level to disrupt Manning. Now Manning will be able to just pick them apart. I shudder to think what Brady will do to that defense. Better Steeler defenses than this one got burned by NE over the Brady years. So, it is on to next year. They need impact players on defense. Tomlin and Colbert don't seem to be much good at drafting or picking up defensive players... Mitchell???

Oh and the 3-4 is never really a 3-4 as you know. It usually ends up a 5-2 as they rush both outside linebackers. But that is the great thing about the scheme. It puts 4 linebackers who are versatile athletes onto the field. If you go 4-3 you damn well better get a pass rush from your D tackles. It isn't easy to find Joe Greene's these days. AND the offensive line with the liberalized use of their hands since the 1970s can essentially hold.

Happy New Year Ohio... let's hope I am wrong about the playoff run.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Jeez, lotta Mill haters around here lately. Makes you wonder why they all quit their other bullshit, sugar coated, mainstream, Kool-Aid drinking, hand-holding, Pollyanna sites in the first place. I have a suggestion, ala James Harrison during the '09 run: we didn't need you on the bandwagon then, we don't need ya now. Good riddance.

As for our defense's inability to stop Brady and Manning, I will say three things.

1) We have to get past the Ratbirds first to even play Denver.
2) Despite how hard it is to imagine for the mainstream media, New England has to win a playoff game before getting a chance to play us, and those games are played on football fields, not on paper.
3) ANYTHING can happen in the postseason. Any given Sunday.

Go Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 pm

isfry wrote:Jeez, lotta Mill haters around here lately. Makes you wonder why they all quit their other bullshit, sugar coated, mainstream, Kool-Aid drinking, hand-holding, Pollyanna sites in the first place. I have a suggestion, ala James Harrison during the '09 run: we didn't need you on the bandwagon then, we don't need ya now. Good riddance.

As for our defense's inability to stop Brady and Manning, I will say three things.

2) Despite how hard it is to imagine for the mainstream media, New England has to win a playoff game before getting a chance to play us, and those games are played on football fields, not on paper.

Go Steelers.

Why can't people just enjoy the site for what it is? I look forward to reading Mill's report every Monday, win or lose. Speaking of which, this is a great place to vent when we do lose. Sure beats kicking the dog. Don't change a fucking thing Mill - this place is very refreshing and enjoyable.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Oh, and by the way, 11-5, we win the north and beat the Fudgepackers in the Superbowl.

:sufu:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:46 pm

That's the spirit, SoCal!!!

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:55 pm

It's somewhat mindblowing to me that people continue to come to this site, read the content, actually sign up, then proceed to bitch about it. Obviously, I don't agree with everything written here but I enjoy any opposing point of view and all of the humor nonetheless.

Speaking of which, where the hell is PG? I could use another good laugh and a vocabulary lesson.
:sudancin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:46 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:
isfry wrote:Jeez, lotta Mill haters around here lately. Makes you wonder why they all quit their other bullshit, sugar coated, mainstream, Kool-Aid drinking, hand-holding, Pollyanna sites in the first place. I have a suggestion, ala James Harrison during the '09 run: we didn't need you on the bandwagon then, we don't need ya now. Good riddance.

Go Steelers.

Why can't people just enjoy the site for what it is? I look forward to reading Mill's report every Monday, win or lose. Speaking of which, this is a great place to vent when we do lose. Sure beats kicking the dog. Don't change a fucking thing Mill - this place is very refreshing and enjoyable.

Damn, what the hell is up with all the disenfranchised posters? I love this site and what ever you say about Mill he has great analysis and funnier than hell. I use his material all the time. How bout these gems from Mill: Defense couldn't constrain a toddler in a phone booth! or - He has the mobility of a traffic barrel! or - Useless as screen doors on a submarine! I could go on. I don't always agree with Mill, but most of the time I do. Mill do you do parties? Happy New Year to you bud! :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:47 pm

isfry wrote:That's the spirit, SoCal!!!

:subngtowl:

Damn that is my quote from isfry! You guys are great!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:49 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:It's somewhat mindblowing to me that people continue to come to this site, read the content, actually sign up, then proceed to bitch about it. Obviously, I don't agree with everything written here but I enjoy any opposing point of view and all of the humor nonetheless.

Speaking of which, where the hell is PG? I could use another good laugh and a vocabulary lesson.
:sudancin:

Well we did have a one-day member who used the word "scatological"! Essentially the study of excrement, but not sure if it was his or ours!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:53 pm

FuckTomBrady wrote:My last post was deleted. I am not sure my screen name is appropriate enough. (Sarcasm)

Momlin's failure to address looking for a decent punter over the years is unreal. Given how important field position
is in any game,( let alone the very real possibility a struggling Steeler offense without Bell Saturday), this is huge.

My Wish List for Saturday:

Ike, Troy and Cam Thomas do not see a snap.

Haley puts an offensive game plan together that will have us saying "where was that all year!?"(in a good way lol)

60 Minutes of pressure on Flukeoo by Silverback and Company. Fucco will be the second coming of Cutler, mark my words.

Side Note: I have been reading comments and reading feedback for several years and had a different screen name.
This site is what it is: a no holes barred breakdown from Steeler fans that understand football and pay attention to the details that many people who watch football will never understand. An unfiltered evaluation of what we see and opinions, right or wrong and the ability to agree or argue. If you don't enjoy it or get it, go read the shitty post gazette with Smizik, Cooke and Douchette.

Go Steelers, BB

We beat up Flako like the last meeting and we win period. And coming from the land of the poes as I always whine about it would be a blessing to see the Steelers deliver a beat down. My neighbor has already exchanged his red Christmas light and green bow for purple junk. I want to scream.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Yellow. If there ever was a time to beat the ratbirds this Saturday is it. Flacco had a terrible year and looks like he doesn't have a clue half the time. No ray rice to dump it off to 10 times a game. We're playing at home. Ratbirds
defense not much better than ours. We should win If:
1) Keep Flacco from completing those long jump balls he is good for a half dozen times a game.
2) Ben plays good with no turnovers.( Pretty obvious).

What do I know. :P

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:55 am

LenSherwood wrote:Success in the NFL, Ohio, depends upon having an elite QB. Big Ben is that, albeit an inconsistent one. With a mediocre QB or worse you suck. It is as simple as that. Tomlin had the luxury of coming to a team that had an already developed elite QB. I am not going to go ga ga over Tomlin until Big Ben retires and he has to actually coach a team with a developing QB. But I have to agree he is a good coach--he managed the tools well that he inherited. Also you have to give LeBeau more credit than Mill does. This was his best coaching year-- he won games with average talent. And picking up Mike Munchak was awesome--that O line is better than it has been since Cowher left.

But this playoff run isn't for long. It won't withstand either Manning or Brady should they by some miracle win in Denver. The last significant time they beat Manning, LeBeau had Troy at his most incredible level to disrupt Manning. Now Manning will be able to just pick them apart. I shudder to think what Brady will do to that defense. Better Steeler defenses than this one got burned by NE over the Brady years. So, it is on to next year. They need impact players on defense. Tomlin and Colbert don't seem to be much good at drafting or picking up defensive players... Mitchell???

Oh and the 3-4 is never really a 3-4 as you know. It usually ends up a 5-2 as they rush both outside linebackers. But that is the great thing about the scheme. It puts 4 linebackers who are versatile athletes onto the field. If you go 4-3 you damn well better get a pass rush from your D tackles. It isn't easy to find Joe Greene's these days. AND the offensive line with the liberalized use of their hands since the 1970s can essentially hold.

Happy New Year Ohio... let's hope I am wrong about the playoff run.

I agree that Tomlin had a much easier job with Ben already here.

Regarding the playoff run... Well we will see... The only thing I am sure is that we will have a lot of close games ( maybe the only one that will not be so close is Colts - Bengals ). I believe there are four / five team with legitimate chances and we are in this pool. We could easily lose saturday or win it all. It wouldn't surprise me.

Regarding the scheme... Len you will be surprised to know that the Steelers have played 50+% of the total snaps with 5 Dbs. 34 ? Not even 30%... It is nice to hear people talking about the scheme without knowing what the Steelers are actually doing...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 am

ballhair-- good point on the jump ball passes that Flacco throws. His major problem with that passing style is that the don't have Boldin who is the best jump ball receiver in the NFL. But the Steelers also have to make sure that no one gets behind them as Flacco can throw the deep ball and has beaten the Steelers before with that. It just might be close. The Ravens defense is alright. You never know what the Steeler offense is going to do--its flaky O coordinator is unpredictable as is Big Ben and losing Bell flat out might be the difference. That is the running game and pass protect and it was stupid not to go more than two deep at the position.

The Steeler secondary is very vulnerable. If you go back and look at the film, those interceptions are off of tipped balls that mediocre Andy Dalton threw in the last game. But the receivers were wide open. Flacco is no Brady but he might see that too and deliver the ball.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 am

LenSherwood wrote:That is the running game and pass protect and it was stupid not to go more than two deep at the position.

While I agree on the pass protect part, Len, look at the numbers of the last couple games and, even the game we won against the Rats we didn't run well. My feeling is between Tate and Harris, they are both big bodies who can hopefully block and keep Balt. "honest" with some runs. We win this game in the air. Period.

LenSherwood wrote:The Steeler secondary is very vulnerable. If you go back and look at the film, those interceptions are off of tipped balls that mediocre Andy Dalton threw in the last game. But the receivers were wide open. Flacco is no Brady but he might see that too and deliver the ball.

The only thing more vulnerable than the Steelers' secondary is the Ravens', and we have a better QB. You hit the nail on the head about the lack of Boldin. Flak-O looks his average self without that guy bailing him out on lob prayers. The INT's may have been gimmes against the Bungles, but I just re-watched the Week 9 matchup against the Rats, and Worilds' INT was purely a result of Flak-O being pressured, flustered, and making a BAD decision. He got a "deer in the headlights" look on his face by midway third quarter. Look for more of that this Saturday.

My biggest concern in this game, if I have one, is the return game. Jones has killed us over the years and even ran one back in last game, which is the only thing that made it look close in the second half. Better hope Swiss-Ham has a good day keeping it away from him and that Brad Wing-and-a-prayer doesn't see the field.

Go Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 pm

ballhair wrote:Yellow. If there ever was a time to beat the ratbirds this Saturday is it. Flacco had a terrible year and looks like he doesn't have a clue half the time. No ray rice to dump it off to 10 times a game. We're playing at home. Ratbirds
defense not much better than ours. We should win If:
1) Keep Flacco from completing those long jump balls he is good for a half dozen times a game.
2) Ben plays good with no turnovers.( Pretty obvious).

What do I know. :P

You and others are 100% correct regarding Flako lob. I posted this earlier this season below with a typically hilarious response from Mill before the second meeting with the poes at Heinz and they kicked the poes butt by
beating up on Flako:

Also would like to know if stats are kept on how many times a QB puts up the deep ball hoping for a PI call at a critical time moving the ball quickly to scoring position. I could be hallucinating, however, it seems as though Flacco does this frequently and with success. This is why I like the college rule regarding the PI penalty of 15 yards. I could be hallucinating, however, it seems as though Flacco does this frequently and with success. This is why I like the college rule regarding the PI penalty of 15 yards.

Mill: You touch on a good topic. Joe Jacco LUVS the deep rainbow lob. LUVS it. To his credit, he throws a
very, very, VERY good deep lob......nice arc, good accuracy. He often draws PI flags, and often gets big completions, or hell, even TDs in the EZ against the Steelers while Ryan Clark looks on, doing nothing, with just seconds left in the game. Jacco sux, but his rainbox deep lob is a very effective weapon, especially against secondaries who have zero ball skills. Such as Dick's ass-clumsy crew.

PreviousNext

Return to Stillers Talk