Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Couple Bits of Slag

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Couple Bits of Slag

Postby StillMill » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Couple Bits of Slag has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: Couple Bits of Slag

Postby isfry » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Amen on Sharko, Mill. Even in the preseason he showed a nose for the football. Every time I see him on the field on ST he's flying to the ball and hitting with a purpose. These are PRECISELY the traits one would want in a FS, the very same traits Mitchell has failed to display ALL YEAR.

How complicated could Dick's secondary scheme be? Hey, Sharko, watch out for the deep ball, fly to the ball carrier, and hit people hard. He certainly couldn't de worse than Mitchell has done. Good thing there isn't a flag for having too few men on the field, or we woulda been penalized all year for only having ten.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:30 pm

isfry wrote:Amen on Sharko, Mill. Even in the preseason he showed a nose for the football. Every time I see him on the field on ST he's flying to the ball and hitting with a purpose. These are PRECISELY the traits one would want in a FS, the very same traits Mitchell has failed to display ALL YEAR.

How complicated could Dick's secondary scheme be? Hey, Sharko, watch out for the deep ball, fly to the ball carrier, and hit people hard. He certainly couldn't de worse than Mitchell has done. Good thing there isn't a flag for having too few men on the field, or we woulda been penalized all year for only having ten.

Well then this begs the question, why don't they play Sharko more? They always rot the bench with talented players, too bad they can't have trusted advisors in the stands during the season & suggest that they make a personnel change?

I see how the Clowns experiment turned out with Johnny football, but the changes that are required to win are so obvious it defies logic. ...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:24 pm

I have to agree with the sentiment expressed here to a large degree, seeing as one of the biggest frustrations I've had with this organization over the last few years has been the selection of personnel. So many times I've been watching a game while wondering to myself: "Why is so-and-so sitting on the bench, while this mediocre stiff is getting tons of play time?"

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 pm

I don't know Mill I just heard Cris Collinsworth say Mitchell is talented in response to asking Lebeau if Mitchell could step in for Pola! My comment tongue in cheek of course. Still would like to see Sharko.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:30 am

Sharko Thomas is still riding the pines for the same reason it took Martavis Bryant 7 weeks to be permitted to dress. He just hasn't mastered the playbook yet. What a fucking joke!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 pm

When Troy returns, I would sure like to see Allen move back to Bitchell's spot at the very least. Let's face it. We've all seen enough to know he sucks and seems like a 15 yd personal foul penalty waiting to happen every play in front of him. Never thought I would miss Ryan Clark this much.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:31 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:Never thought I would miss Ryan Clark this much.

Ain't that the sorry truth, SoCal

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:49 pm

I had a dream last night that LeBeau has been secretly planning on playing Sharko at Mitchell's spot in the postseason, but not until we play a real QB (Manning, Brady.) That way when we do have to put our secondary to a real test in a must-win, the opposing QB and OC get a curve ball thrown at the last second and have to game-plan for a guy they have no film on.

That was just a dream, right?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Whatever you're smoking, how about sending some down my way. ;)

The only possibility I see of that happening is if we hire Tonya Harding's clan to kneecap a couple of guys. :yes:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I'm sure Jeff Galooley (sp?) is looking for work, SoCal..

Return to Stillers Talk