Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Miller

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Miller

Postby Pommah » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Just read an article where BR7 said he votes for Miller for MVP every year.

Miller is not the greatest TE in the gameā€¦but he's solid. He's a yeoman, the kind of guy you build a team around. He never calls attention to himself, never complains, never celebrates, just casually flips the ball to the ref, like he's been there before. I just like his style. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Hall of Famer

Re: Miller

Postby isfry » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Amen. I have watched road games where you can actually hear the crowd start to go "Heeeeeeath" before BR7 even throws it, just cuz Heath got open. Solid blocker. No off field bullshit. No on field bullshit. Threat up the seam on third down. Never asks for a parade or does a gay endzone dance. One of a kind.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Good post. I have liked Miller since he came to the Steelers and I proudly wear his jersey number. He is a solid player with all the tools and yet humble. I forget which game it was this year, but he caught a pass with nobody around him and he lumbered down the field and caught from behind that probably would have been 6. Though few TE's have great speed he looks as though he has lost a step or 4. I figure it won't be long before he is done. And yes he will be missed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:51 pm

I remember talking to Andy Russel, and it was also written in his book that he wrote a few years back. He always disliked the new era of N.F.L. player that runs away from the rest of the team after making a sack or a great tackle or hit like it was all 'him' that got it done without the help of the rest of the team. Players that do not act like that are hard to come by, and yes Miller is one of them.

Return to Stillers Talk