Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Ohio » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:53 am

Pommah wrote:To me there just aren't any juggernaut teams this year, meaning it could be all up for grabs, with us having just as good a shot as any. So we're not exactly closing out the season like the '76 team, those days are over, its parity-era in the NFL, meaning mediocrity pretty much across the board.

Perfectly said. How many games are blowouts nowadays ? I get the feeling that the NFL tries , with the Zebras, to keep the games as close as possible. The call on Gay is ridicolous. No way that is a penalty. But referees are always making this type of mistakes for the losing team...

Ok... Now I will say a few things regarding Mill...

It is nice to see that he is talking badly about second stringers ( Archer, Heyward Bay, Justin Brown, Palmer, Spaeth, Cam Thomas, etc. etc. ). It means that overall the team is doing good. I am all in against the front office and Tomlin. But they have done a good/very good job this season. We are one /two games away from a #1/2 seed. Not a result to complain about.
Ok not everything is perfect. But you have to take the bad with the good... Let's not judge before things happen. That is called PREJUDICE ( which in latin means exactly BEFORE JUDGING)

Mill changes too much is point of view on players ( Beachum, Shazier, Sharko , etc. ). The script for Mill is as follows :
When they started playing : Why they didn't play more ?
After one or two bad games : This guy isn't producing enough and all
If they are benched : ( Shazier this week ) They will see PT in .... ( you put the year... )
If they are not benched : The coaching staff is not noticing somebody or is not able to coach...

Just watch. In a little time you will see Mill complaining about Martevis Bryant. Who wants to bet ?

I think Pommah is right on. It is a parity driven league. Look at the NFC and 5 teams have a shot at 5 seeds... The difference will be only ONE GAME. Not even 7% of all games played in a season.

The Steelers have a chance of winning the superbowl or going out in the first game. We will have to watch.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:50 am

LenSherwood wrote:Some of you mentioned an internet feed to see the game-- Steelersix I think did in the game thread... where do you find that? I just can't bring myself to foot the bill for Direct TV--don't know why the NFL gives them a monopoly on all access coverage. Sorry off topic, but it would be nice to know...

Len - I see Mill pointed you in the right direction as he did me early this season and it works out pretty well. At least I can see the Steelers here in Ravens territory since they are on every week. The only shortcoming I see is the feed is a bit behind the TV action perhaps depending on which feed you choose and some of my posts to the thread are later than those watching TV and the action has already moved on. Old news so to speak.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:53 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:The fact that the shitbirds are close to missing the playoffs has made my Monday a little more special. :twisted:

LMAO. Couldn't agree with you more coming from here in the heart of Poeville. Although I would love to see another match-up with them and give them a beat down as they did earlier. :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:04 am

Damn guys, good thing we are not sitting in a bar after hoisting a few beverages! ;) Seriously though I do appreciate the different points of view here and you know it must be crunch time when there is so much emotion. Even though they won I still did not feel all that comfortable and still concerned about facing a high caliber QB, which they will since this is the playoffs after all. I still give a lot of credit to Harrison wreaking havoc against the Chiefs as the big reason the D looked so good. I don't have tape, but I remember #72 LT for Chiefs getting schooled by Harry and then watched as the Chiefs had to give him help to slow Harry down. That just opens it up for the rest of the D as it should. I am hoping that some of the other LB's can step up. Secondary still going to hurt them. Obviously offensively we look great and they stack up well against the other top playoff teams. Hopefully if they get to the SB they won't have to face an NFC South team! :oops:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Wow Mill is in a good mood this morning…musta got laid or something!

Basically, I am all in with the constant complaining about something nature he has…it fits with the mentality necessary to be a good football team. You look at all the great football coaches…Stagg, Rockne, Brown, Shula, Landry, Noll, Walsh, even Belichick now, not a smiling backslapper in the bunch. All a bunch of complaining sourpusses. Go play baseball if you want feel-good shit…I want somebody busting my balls so I can go take it out on the sorry bastard lining up opposite from me on the line of scrimmage.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:03 am

"Refs need instant replay on themselves and the dopey NFL ref call explanations are laughable and adds to the perception that some ref calls are to keep the game close so that the 4th quarter advertisers keep buying."

Spot on. Keep observing. You'll see that it's more than just perception. Now extend that logic to the owners, head coaches, and coordinators. That's all that need be involved in order to pull it off.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk