Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » So I've made a decision...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

So I've made a decision...

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 am

Hello friends...

So I've made a decision... This year is going to be the year that will make my decision of Tomlin as a coach. For the longest time, I kept telling myself that he's a new coach... 'We' won our division. He coached 'us' to the playoffs. It's all good. Just like Cowher started. Cool.

Well... I don't like that mentality. I understand that we have a not-so-dominant line on both sides of the ball... But this team should be COMPLETELY dominant; on the offensive side of the ball AT LEAST. I am STILL hoping that Tomlin is going to bring that new flava funk of offense to Pittsburgh. Nothing against the blue-collar yinzers that grew up on that smash-mouth old-school 4 Super Bowl rings flava. :sucope:

It's like Fight Club:

"It was right on everyone's face. Tyler and I just made it visible. It was on the tip of everyone's tongue. Tyler and I just gave it a name."

Now what if you paint a lil black-n-gold on that quote...? I think it would look a lil something like this:

"It was right on everyone's face. Tomlin and Arians just made it visible. It was on the tip of everyone's tongue. Tomlin and Arians just gave it a name."

West Coast offense... Run-and-shoot... Option... Smash-mouth. You name it. They've named it.

I think Tomlin is a brilliant, brilliant man. I'm not so much sold on Arians, but I think he's capable of some very creative schemes and packages.

With the offensive talent on this team combined with the current trends and evolution of the game (let's not forget, players)... 'They' mean it when 'they' say, "This isn't your father's football team".

If Tomlin doesn't work with Arians to utilize the weapons within this offensive organization to create a 'new' type of offense that just can't be defended for AT LEAST another season... I am going to be sorely disappointed.

To go with that note... I'll also be sorely disappointed if we see another one-and-done in the playoffs.

Tomlin... My opinion of you is on the clock.

Here's to football! :cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk