Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Winning in Atlanta

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Winning in Atlanta

Postby ballhair » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:07 am

My 2 cents on what it will take to beat Atlanta.
1) I have been very critical of Big Ben these last three or four years. (My criticism of Big Ben got me banned from TheSteelerFans.com site. Ben does no wrong there). However, It drives me crazy how one game he plays like Joe Montana then the next game he plays like poop. Inconsistent to say the least. I have always stated the the Steelers will only go as far as Big Ben takes us. This is probably the case with all teams. The QB play is THE most important part of winning.
2) We all know our defense is real bad. We cannot pressure the opposing QB. This puts an even greater strain on a defensive secondary that is short on talent.
3) The "Good" Ben needs to show up and put 40+ points on the board, which should be very doable since Atlanta's defense sucks as bad as ours.
4) Come out passing. Pass to set up the run, not the other way around.
5) Stick that bubble screen up your arse Haley. Throw the ball to Bell twenty times coming out of the backfield if you have to. (Remember Balt. used Rice this way on their way to their SuperBowl).
6) When you get a decent lead then hit them with Bell running the ball. Game over.
7) This whole scenario depends on Big Ben being the elite 100 million dollar QB and doing his thing. Just out score them. We have have all the weapons to do that. The offensive line is playing real good now, we have the best running back and the best receiver in the league. The question is will Ben step up?

WE need to win out. F**K that limping or sneaking into the playoffs. Kick some A**. Merry Christmas.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Winning in Atlanta

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am

"WE need to win out. F**K that limping or sneaking into the playoffs. Kick some A**. Merry Christmas."
:suplusone:

I agree about the Steelers go as Ben goes and I guarantee you will not be banned from here for having an opinion.
I think the D has actually played much better as a whole, except for the 3 to 5 plays a game where their secondary makes a huge gaffe. Ike Taylor needs to sit the bench in favor of Blake who looked like our best corner on Sunday. Good thing he mostly sat the bench until Ike's injury. I don't even know what the hell to do with FS?? If we can just get some kind of improvement at those 2 positions, I believe a deep run is possible.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:54 pm

I agree, SoCal, as far as Ike versus Antwan. I read somewhere that Ike actually took himself out of the game after being burned for the second bomb to Green last week. Our secondary looked better without him, IMO. As for safety, I'm all for giving Shamarko Thomas a shot at replacing/spelling Mitchell. Mitchell has been pretty useless and Thomas showed a nose for the ball in preseason at least. I believe he played more safety than DB in college, but don't quote me on that. I expect Ben to enjoy the cozy confines of the dome this weekend and put up some good numbers. Haley and BR7 are really starting to figure out how best to use Bell in the passing, play-action game, which allows for more one on ones on the outside.

11-5. We win the North. We beat the fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:33 am

Atlanta looks dangerous judging by the game against Green bay in Green Bay... They might chew up the Steeler secondary. This will be a test for Mr. Inconsistency as ball hair aptly points out. He is going to have to come up big against Atlanta.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:53 am

For whatever reason, probably because they cannot generate anything else exciting in the wonderful Metropolis of Armpit, Georgia, The "Armpit Foul-coons" always enjoy playing the Stillers stroke for stroke.

Although the Stillers D hasn't intimidated shit in recent memory, if they can bitch slap Matty "ice" Ryan around a little bit back there, it should prove to make the Foul-coon offense ineffective. Matt Ryan always folds in these crunch games, and if they can get pressure at all on him this should be no different.

I was talking to a Gal from Armpit, Georgia, and she acted like her Foul-coons just won the Fucking Superbowl when they beat us with a last minute field goal a few years back when the dog fighter, Michelle Con-Vick-t was still their Q.B. The score on that game was something like 42 to 39...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Stats can lie, but, regardless of all the worries about OUR defense, I was reading yesterday that Atlanta's defense ranks last in yards per play allowed (6.22), last in total yards allowed per game (410.8) and last in pass yards allowed per game (287.8). Pitt's offense, on the other hand, ranks second in each of these three categories.

Look for the Killer B's to put up some cartoon numbers today.

Oh, yeah, and Julio Jones just got ruled OUT.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Just don't like our chances because of the way we have been manhandled by NFC South.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Might have been different if JJ was healthy and playing for ATL, but I'll take it...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Still had to go down to the wire.

Return to Stillers Talk