Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Real simple. Two lists. What stays? What goes?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Real simple. Two lists. What stays? What goes?

Postby bigjoespompano » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Get this mess in order. Set your priorities. Who will NOT be back and who will? Cost is not factored in. Just clean house and prepare for tomorrow.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Real simple. Two lists. What stays? What goes?

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 am

I'd like to see Colbert, Tomlin, LeBeau, and Haley all be sent packing.....

In reality, I think LeBeau will be forced into retirement,(which is 2-3 years too late), and possibly Haley will be fired. This is all assuming they miss the playoffs a 3rd consecutive year. If they make the post-season? All bets are off. That will be their justification to bring everybody back, no matter how undeserved it may be.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:52 am

Colbert - Fired
Old Man Dick - retired
Haley - Maybe someone offers him a HC gig. Jets? If not, send this clown packing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:26 am

How 'bout nothin changes?

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:15 pm

I'd trade all 3 to the Niners plus a first round pick for Harbaugh. Harbaugh would bring back Steelers football, and has an eye for talent. His teams play the way we used to play, and Big Ben is a much better QB than what Harbaugh has to work with in SF. His teams are prepared and motivated and physical. I'd make that trade in a minute, and I think he'd like to be in the Burgh.

I think LeBeau retires at gunpoint. It will be a crime if he stays. We are stuck with Tomlin unless we lose the last four. The Obama "Justice Department" may bring charges against the Rooneys if they let Tomlin go.

Haley, surprisingly, stays unless there is a major meltdown or revolt in the next four weeks. Some of the playcalling has been suspect. But in all honesty, Big Ben is having a huge year, Bell is having a huge year, Brown has emerged as perhaps the best wideout in football, and sacks are down. Guys were open agains the Saints and Bell was close to 100 yards before the Saints blew it open, and Ben had time -- he just had an off day missing receivers. The rest of the offensive talent aside from Heath is marginal, and yet this team does move the football. We can't blame Haley this year.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Matthew1516 wrote:I'd trade all 3 to the Niners plus a first round pick for Harbaugh. Harbaugh would bring back Steelers football, and has an eye for talent. His teams play the way we used to play, and Big Ben is a much better QB than what Harbaugh has to work with in SF. His teams are prepared and motivated and physical. I'd make that trade in a minute, and I think he'd like to be in the Burgh.

I think LeBeau retires at gunpoint. It will be a crime if he stays. We are stuck with Tomlin unless we lose the last four. The Obama "Justice Department" may bring charges against the Rooneys if they let Tomlin go.

Haley, surprisingly, stays unless there is a major meltdown or revolt in the next four weeks. Some of the playcalling has been suspect. But in all honesty, Big Ben is having a huge year, Bell is having a huge year, Brown has emerged as perhaps the best wideout in football, and sacks are down. Guys were open agains the Saints and Bell was close to 100 yards before the Saints blew it open, and Ben had time -- he just had an off day missing receivers. The rest of the offensive talent aside from Heath is marginal, and yet this team does move the football. We can't blame Haley this year.

You can say Haley and the offensive is putting up good numbers, but by that you mean yardage. The last I checked we were 31 out of 32 teams in red-zone success. Also, I think a little south of the middle of the pack in points scored. That is a killer.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:24 pm

All coaches but LeBeau stay.

Ben goes...to Canton after beating the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:02 am

isfry wrote:All coaches but LeBeau stay.

Ben goes...to Canton after beating the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

…fry….you're reaching a mite too far….

Return to Stillers Talk