Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » NFL Flex Schedule?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

NFL Flex Schedule?

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:09 am

Does anybody know exactly how the NFL flex schedule works?

I haven't seen the schedule for any of the remaining primetime contests, but I know The Steelers remaining 5 games are all scheduled to be at 1pm. I'm betting that 1 of the 2 left with Cinci, which may determine a playoff berth or The AFC North Title, may be moved to primetime.

I know that the flex thing is only in effect for the last month of the season,(I think), but I don't know how early or what match-ups they determine will be switched.

Any ideas?

Hall of Famer

Re: NFL Flex Schedule?

Postby isfry » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:29 pm

My guess is the Week 17 tilt between us and the Holes gets "flexed" now, 76. Time to watch Andy Dalton fold like a lawn chair in prime time.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 pm

isfry wrote:My guess is the Week 17 tilt between us and the Holes gets "flexed" now, 76. Time to watch Andy Dalton fold like a lawn chair in prime time.

Yep. Pomp mentioned on the post-game show that the time for next week's game is "TBD" now. It will be between us and The 'Holes, and The Lions vs The Packers for The NFC North on who gets that Sunday Night slot.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:15 am

We got the nod. Sunday night game is the battle for the North.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 am

This reminds me of the Superbowl run a few years ago when The Stillers had to play the Raisins twice, and all of the pundits were saying that it would be difficult to beat them 3 times in one year let alone 2 times in one year. We probably end up with the Bungals in the playoff match. Do we run the table and win out to advance to the AFCC?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:06 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:This reminds me of the Superbowl run a few years ago when The Stillers had to play the Raisins twice, and all of the pundits were saying that it would be difficult to beat them 3 times in one year let alone 2 times in one year. We probably end up with the Bungals in the playoff match. Do we run the table and win out to advance to the AFCC?

Nine seasons ago, to be exact.

We need somebody to knock off the Patsies if we want to go to the bowl game. For that reason I'd rather see the Rats and the Bolts in the playoffs, they might be able to do it, the Bungholes sure can't, they were totally abused by the Pats in the regular season.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 am

I completely understand your logic, Pommah, but at some point we have to get that monkey off our fucking backs. Remember how validating it was for Manning a few years ago? If my memory serves, the year we played the Rats twice was the Cards Super Bowl in '09, not nine years ago. However, I , too, was thinking this year is beginning to remind me of '05, when we had a tough road through Cincy, Denver, and Indy and nobody gave us a shot. We all remember how that worked out.

I say bring on the Cheats, bring on the Donkeys, bring 'em all on. If our defense is actually starting to come to life the way it appeared yesterday, we could be a force to be reckoned with in the tourney.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Damn right , I agree with isfry. Panzy's are no doubt, a solid, well coached team. But believe me, the mighty Patriots want nothing to do with the Steelers right now. Steelers are coming together well. They're playing balanced, consistant , winning football. If any Steeler fan thinks we have not a prayers chance of beating them, they are seriously clueless. Steelers newer , younger, faster defense is starting to have fun flying around the ball. I like what I see and I like the body language of the players and coaches. Its all about having fun, Pittsburgh is doing just that !!

:subngtowl: :surockin: :celebrate: :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:29 pm

isfry wrote:I completely understand your logic, Pommah, but at some point we have to get that monkey off our fucking backs.

Believe me, I would like absolutely nothing better than to go into Foxboro and beat the Patsies on the way to the stupor bowl. I live in New England and have had to put up with so much crowing about how they're better than the Steelers, even though they haven't won a championship in 10 years now whilst the Steelers have won two.

But I also know it will take absolute superior play to beat them in their home court. There is nobody better than Belichick at figuring out the opposing team's weaknesses and exploiting it at just the right moment to totally deflate any momentum. I've seen it time and time again, unfortunately. I just don't see us being able to rely on coaching, great play calling, etc. to beat them, not with our coaching crew. The times the Pats/Bellichick have lost in the playoffs it has been against superior execution, particularly in the pass rush, and not a bit of luck for their opponent.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:21 am

Here is the link that I was referring to in another post:

LINK:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap300 ... -Predictor

If they don't quit and showup to play, they will wrap up the division.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Pommah wrote:But I also know it will take absolute superior play to beat them in their home court.

I've seen it time and time again, unfortunately. I just don't see us being able to rely on coaching, great play calling, etc. to beat them, not with our coaching crew.

I (begrudgingly) agree that Bellicheat is a superior coach and there is no way we would waltz into Cocksboro and outthink them. My hope is that we could just flat out outplay them, which I know we have the talent to do. If it came down to X's and O's and real-time decision making by the respective coaching staffs we would be dust. If we just put up a forty burger on them and made them one dimensional, we could absolutely win. For me, beating them in an AFCCG at their house would be almost as sweet as the seventh ring that could come after.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 pm

isfry wrote:
Pommah wrote: For me, beating them in an AFCCG at their house would be almost as sweet as the seventh ring that could come after.

OK isfry I am concerned. You used the word "could" when referring to the seventh ring. I recently became a believer in the "Steelers go 11-5 win the AFC North and beat the Fudgepackers in the SB!" Just tweakin ya' for fun!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Ha! I actually thought about changing that "could" to "will" before posting it but just hit submit. My bad.

...even sweeter than the seventh Lombardi that WILL come after it.

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:53 am

Whew! All better now.

Return to Stillers Talk