Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Jones = Bust

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Jones = Bust

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:50 am

Is it time to officially declare Jones a bust? Hurt his wrist in the 3rd game of the season (I watched the tape, still not sure what happened) and hasn't played sense. Still not ready after the bye week, starting to look like a season ending injury. Ike had a compound fracture the same game and is due back.

Mean while 36-year old James Harrison comes out of retirement and looks 100 times better than Jones.

I say Jones is soft and a pussy and should be cut.

Maybe he's limp wristed.

Time to cut his arse and move. Next draft and a player drops 15 slots or so I hope the F.O. stops and thinks for a few minutes instead of running to the podium. Maybe a reason he dropped (i.e. slow, weak, poor technique).

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jones = Bust

Postby Steelerssix » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:47 pm

You may be right and I am hopeful that Shazier steps up after overcoming the ankle problem. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't grab CJ Mosley before the Poes drafted him this year. Mosley has 50+ tackles, couple picks, and a forced fumble playing in all games thus far. Perhaps the Steelers were looking for side-to-side speed, but Mosley has been steady. I will admit my bias towards Crimson Tide could have been a factor as well.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Saw on another board Jones may be done for the year. WTF?????

I seen LBs play with casts on. I am still not sure how this pussy even got hurt.

Let's see:

He's weak.
He's slow.
Hasn't shown yet he can comprehend the playbook.
A retired 36-year old player made him look like a buffoon.
Now it appears he's either a china doll or has no heart.

Great pick, right up there with Archer.

Eifert would look good right about now. here is a clue to the Steeler's F.O., when a previous top 5 player drops in your laps with the twentieth pick, be a little leery and don't charge the podium. There may be a reason this idiot dropped that far, that fast.

How did the pussy get hurt????

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 am

I'm not going to call him a bust....yet. If after next season we are still getting more of the same from him, then per the Jamain Stephens Rule, I will officially label him as such.

Along those same lines, even though he wasn't a first round pick I'm starting to feel that way about another LB, Sean Spence. Seems everytime I notice him on the field he is slow footing trying to chase down a clod TE. He needs to step up his game as well.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 am

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:51 pm

I thought Jones was a reach in the first round because they had to select him because they had decided not to pay Harrison. Now look... who is playing better than their first round pick? I got into a flamer with guys on another site which had posted Jones college highlights. Those were nice but they weren't against NFL level tackles. Yeah show me that monster against the University of Buffalo.. Jesus Christ that is Jack Ham! The problem is, is that as Prisuta said... where is the rest of him? He is too sligthly built and not that fast and the Steelers have to get a push on the pocket from the Left Outside linebacker. Like Harrison does even if he doesn't get the sack. And as for run contain-- gimme Harrision any day. Jones will get blown of the ball. He might be adequate but he is not worthy of the draft spot they spent on him...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Steelers76 wrote:I'm not going to call him a bust....yet.

I'm with 76 on this one. While I'm not outrageously impressed with his performance thus far, and his absence this season is frustrating, I will wait and see. I did think he bulked up a bit in the offseason, and he did have two sacks and a forced fumble in two plus games before getting injured.
As the zen master once said, "We'll see..."

Return to Stillers Talk