Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Bitans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Bitans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 am

Stillers-Bitans Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Bitans Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby ballhair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 am

Right on again Steelmill! Aside from Bell and Brown, another sub par performance. As I have indicated on many post in the past, the Steelers will go only as far as Big Ben takes them. One minute he looks like Montana, the next minute he looks like Weeden. Too inconsistent the last three or four years. Now, instead of throwing the ball away he'll stand there like a statue, take the sack or end up throwing a lob that gets intercepted. Our offensive line isn't the best but it isn't the worst either. Our defense is worthless as we all know and it won't improve much once we get all the "starters" back. We have to score points. This relies on Ben. We struggle against these bad teams. Most of the Homer fans talk about playoffs. LOL. What the hell are we going to do in the playoffs? Ben needs to play smarter. Tell him to watch some Tom Brady tape, he might learn something. Just my 2 cents.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:59 am

"Bell - A true Hard Hat effort. A++"

Pretty much the only Hard Hat worthy football we've seen in 2014! Torn jersey, battle-scarred helmet and all!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:00 am

Game 11, about when you would expect a playoff-bound team to be fully gelling and maturing into a finely honed, near mistake-free team.

That is not the 2014 edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe we will "play up" against the better teams, but a really solid, cohesive team will wear these guys down, force mistakes, and win handily.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Tonydesal » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:37 pm

StillMill - I come here every week to read your recaps, and with the exception of the kindergarten name calling, I love what you do. This week is no exception. Keep up the great work!

"James Harrison - surprisingly, didn’t play any FB and wasn’t thrown any passes." I love it!

If the Steeler coaching staff put in half the effort StillMill did, we'd be sitting at 10-1 right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm

From ESPN.... "Tomlin is 1-8 all-time against teams with a winning percentage of .200 or worse."

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Pump-N-Iron wrote:From ESPN.... "Tomlin is 1-8 all-time against teams with a winning percentage of .200 or worse."

If the opponent has a winning percentage of .2 or worse, that makes it easier to get high yield Las Vegas wagers that the Steelers will lose. Just what the Rooneys want and Tomlin goes out and gets those losses for them.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

I was very impressed with DeCAstro all night. I'm not sure what the other guys on the line were doing though. I have watched a ton of football this season and I have not seen any RB with the talent of this kid. This team goes as the 4 B's go...... Ben, Brown, Bell, and Byrant. Either way, 7-4 is much better than I thought we would be in our "rebuilding" year. As much as this team annoys me sometimes, at least we don't go 4-12 or 3-13 when we're rebuilding, I mean reloading.

:subngtowl:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Still CA Still » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:50 pm

I take exception with your comments about an "uninspired effort" but for Bell. While I'm sure Bell could run through all 11 defenders when he is in Beast Mode (cough), to ignore the play of the OL on that last drive is ridiculous. They came off the ball with a vengeance, totally dominated the DL and closed out the game the right way. This type of win was exactly what this team needed at this time. Although the line has a lot of work to do-witness giving up five sacks-give credit where it's due.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Lots of cynicism here. Anyone who has watched NFL knows that it is a copycat league. And sure enough Whisenaunt saw what Ryann had come in with last week and did his version. He did not bother to disguise it like Ryann. Pass blitz (not run blitz). Whisenaunt used SS to shadow Bell. Unsuccessful. Ben and or Haley figured it out accidently late 3rd qtr. Call a pass play, if Ben saw blitz, line TE opposite side and audible to run. Bell made them pay. Noticed Bell rarely cut outside, he was running tackle to tackle.
D sucks! Pure and simple. Did our Dline even have one hurry? Steeler fans have to come to the realization that the Steel Curtain is now a timekeeper. Scoring allowed stat has turned into ToP stat. We have to realize keeping opposition O off the field is the only D the exciting new NFL will allow.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 pm

12-4. We win the north. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl to avenge the loss from a few years ago. I'm buying my tickets to Arizona.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 pm

fry, I applaud your optimism, but I see us losing at least once if not twice in the three games of Cincy x2 and KC. And the AFC playoffs likely go through Gilette Stadium where we suck ass. Seriously, our coaching staff against Bellichick? Not seeing it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:23 pm

isfry - you're supposed to add the kool-aid to the grain alchohol first! :o

Anyway, I love the enthusiasm (or maybe sarcasm). Either way, bring it!
:subngtowl:

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Pretty spot on. I always enjoy the write-up.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Pommah wrote:fry, I applaud your optimism, but I see us losing at least once if not twice in the three games of Cincy x2 and KC. And the AFC playoffs likely go through Gilette Stadium where we suck ass. Seriously, our coaching staff against Bellichick? Not seeing it.

I can totally see Pittsburgh knocking off the panzies in the playoffs. If we fire on all cylinders we could blow them out. Ya heard it here first. :sucope:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:00 pm

As usual - perfect analysis and I LOVE the descriptive terms MILL. We do not come here for politically correct high brow bullshit.

I had a good time watching the game. It took too long - but I was happy to see Haley make the adjustment to counter the Bitans permablitz - with the trap running game. It was the exact right strategy although contingent upon flawless block execution. As we all know - OL came through and Bell was awesome. Did anyone notice there were a few runs Bell did NOT stutter step? I did.

My wrath towards the management and coaching staff has been assuaged a bit. The cutting of Blount shows that they do have the capability of running a tight ship.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 pm

PGHeaven wrote:My wrath towards the management and coaching staff has been assuaged a bit. The cutting of Blount shows that they do have the capability of running a tight ship.

I'm just glad (and a little shocked) that I lived long enough to hear PG say that...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:57 am

…and he used the word "assuaged"

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:52 am

:D

Glad I could help yins out

Return to Stillers Talk