Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Weary Of The Next 2 Games....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Weary Of The Next 2 Games....

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:42 am

Is anyone else worried about the next 2 games? I.E.-@ N.Y. Jets, and @ Tenn; 2 teams with a combined 3 wins.

Given the Steelers knack for playing down to bottom feeders in the Tomlin era, I don't know how anyone couldn't be. Losing to shit squads the previous 2 seasons is what helped to miss the playoffs each year.

Can't under any circumstances LOSE to these 2 road apples in the next 2 weeks. CAN'T.

Hopefully my fears will be unfounded 2 weeks from tonight.

Your thoughts about these upcoming 2?
Last edited by Steelers76 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Re: Weary Of The Next 2 Games....

Postby JoshBroski » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 am

I'm not worried about the Jets. Rex doesn't have an answer for the Steelers if history indicates anything. I think this game is a relatively low scoring affair but we win pretty comfortably (24-10). Tennessee, on the other hand, always gives us trouble. I'm fully expecting a letdown there.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 am

I don't like it, but it seems I am always wary of playing the bottom feeders after the kind of success we have witnessed the last few weeks. Hopefully they do not play "down" to the level of their next 2 opponents (Jets, Titans) and coaching plays a big part in this. They need to stay aggressive with 2 of the 4 final games against the Bungles. Never thought we would hear the phrase "playoff run" for this team this year, but it is exciting. :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

I am enamored enough with our new offensive prowess to say I fully expect to be 8-3 going into the bye week. Maybe I'm drinking too much Kool-Aid but I am beginning to see some cohesive play on both sides of the ball. Our offense has looked more prolific than I can recall in some years and even our defense is looking like they are starting to play together. As Prisuta points out, "Over the last 3 games, the Steelers defense has 7 sacks, 4 interceptions, a TD and a safety." Special teams will always be a question mark for some reason but I expect to win handily in the next two games.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Sadly, it's gotten to the point where I feel more confident playing the better teams than playing the bottom feeders. I don't know if it's something lacking in preparation during the week; or if it's a letdown of emotion of the players which I feel is underrated. I want Porter to stop behaving himself on the sidelines and bring some of that fire from his playing days to game day.

:sutimebomb:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm

And THIS is exactly why I posted this thread on here earlier this week.

Yet another loss in The Tomlin Era to lowlife no-talents that any other true contender would've dispatched easily as pie. No, not our "love to play down to the competition" Steelers.

And The Jest didn't win this game; This team gave it away by turning the ball over fucking 4 TIMES!!!

I'm so fucking angry right now I can hardly write. It's as simple as this; The Rooneys need to grow some balls and tell the entire coaching staff that if they miss they playoffs another year, they are ALL GONE!!! PERIOD!!!!!

All the talk and bravado and bullshit about not taking them lightly was just that. You ALL ought to be FUCKING ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!! :sufu:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Good call Steelers76...now are you worried about Tennessee?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 am

LenSherwood wrote:Good call Steelers76...now are you worried about Tennessee?

Until about the last 50 seconds of the 4th quarter, I was.

Luckily if they make the post-season, there are no shit teams there.....Well, maybe whoever ends up winning The NFC South, but they aren't in our conference, thankfully. Although we do have to play Atlanta and New Orleans, so......

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm

12-4. We win the north. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl to avenge the loss from a few years ago. I'm buying my tickets to Arizona.

Return to Stillers Talk