Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Four things that have to happen...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Four things that have to happen...

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:24 am

In my opinion, the four most important things that MUST happen tonight for Pitt to walk off the field victorious are as follows:

1) Protect Ben. Whether this happens because of play calling (screens, draws, quick drops and dumpoffs, etc.) or by protection from the O-line and help from RB's and TE's, this is priority #1 on offense. They did a great job of this last week (masterful, even) but, as Mill pointed out elsewhere, Baltimore game plans better for Ben.

2) Don't commit stupid penalties, especially those that bail Flacco out on his deep up-for-grabs lobs that generate 80-100 yards per game of "offense" through PI flags for Baltimore. (Yes, I'm talking to you, Cortez.)

3) Put at least as much pressure on Flacco as we did on Luck last week. We all know Flacco can throw the ball a long ways. We also know that he can be exposed as average when he has to make split-second decisions. Traffic and pressure around him ensure two things; no time to throw the deep prayer lob (see #2) and the greater likelihood of bone-headed picks thrown to our D.

4) Win the turnover battle, ideally by not turning the ball over ourselves AT ALL. (Yes, this means that Heyward-Bey should not dress.)

If these four things occur (and I am actually confident that they will) the Stillers should right the ship, avenge the week 2 debacle and reestablish themselves in the division.

Stillers 27 - Ratbirds 10

Return to Stillers Talk