Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Someone's Gotta Say Something

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Someone's Gotta Say Something

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Here we fucking go Steelers, here we go!
Ben threw the game of his life.
Haley called the game of his life (except for the retarded QB sweep on the last drive.)
Bryant is a legit WR.
AB is playing out of his fucking mind.
Bell is the best all around back in football. (and, thank God, his ankle is OK.)
Our defense got pressure on a QB!!!
Our defense generated TO's!!!
Our defense scored points!!!
I'm sure Mill will tell me why we suck, having given up 35 points to one of the league's most prolific offenses, but for now I am gonna enjoy the hell outta this one.
With the Bungles' win, we are tied for second and get a second chance at the Ratbirds next week.
Sleep well, my brethren. All is well in Stiller country.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Someone's Gotta Say Something

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm with you isfry. We are much better off than a year ago when we sat at 2-6 at midseason with a roster full of aging players. Now, to my surprise, we are 5-3 and should get better as so many young guys better adjust. Imagine where we would be if this coaching staff were able to defeat the bad teams. Anyway, I like what I'm seeing so far in a team that was supposedly "rebuilding". The top priority of this team is to straighten out the corner opposite Gay. I don't know if Ike is the answer but it should have been addressed in the offseason.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Someone's Gotta Say Something

Postby LenSherwood » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 am

Boys, not to rain on the Superbowl parade yet, but the defense still won't get you very far. If Ben had one of his off games, Indy wins that one. But WTF, 5-3 is better than what it was looking. Let's see what happens against Average Joe on Sunday. I don't think Ben will have as good a game---the Ravens game plan better for the Steelers. On a true plus side, the emergence of Bryant is huge. With two threats downfield and Bell, unless Haley throws that fucking lateral/bubble screen all day, you have a dangerous offense. I hate that fucking lateral pass--it fools no one anymore and gets you two yards at best. So in sum, the glass is moving to half full I guess...for now.

Return to Stillers Talk