Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steeler fans and their refusal of reality.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Steeler fans and their refusal of reality.

Postby bigjoespompano » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Why oh WHY do I have to come to this sight to find ANY Steeler fans that actually have a grip on reality??? Is this the last bastion of clear-headed truth in the Steeler nation? Is there something in the genetics of the posters here that prevents their eyes from glazing over and stops them from living in the Steeler past? EVERY freekin' where I go I read or am faced with the same stupid, brain-dead REFUSAL to accept what's really going on. And the MINDLESS, BRAIN-DEAD ZOMBIES in the Pittsburgh sports media lurch right along with the hordes, leading them on!!! I WASTED on of my very rare Sundays off sitting in a Steeler bar down here across from my best friend who simply would not accept what was happening on the big screen in front of him! Every damn thing that went wrong or was bad was the fault of someone or something else! To him, Tomlin was wearing a glowing halo and was God's gift to this organization. LeBeau was spoken of in 'hushed' tones as "He is in the 'Hall' you know! Twice!" His judgement was NOT to be questioned. And Haley was just a young guy "really trying hard!" And as I looked around me at the other Fans I saw pretty much the same thing. Had the Fog rolled in and I wasn't aware of it? When I got pissed at something and made a 'loud' comment I was viewed as some sort of Ebola patient that escaped from the rubber room! I live a good 900 miles away from ground central and can pretty much get a wider view of things in the sports world. I see what's happening. What scares the FUKK outta me is what must be going on in the hometown itself. If I'm seeing this on a small scale here, there must be hordes of mindless numb-nuts walking down Liberty ave. moaning about how great the Steelers are and "Hey! We got SIX rings! How many YOU got???" "Three coaches in thirty five years!!! Beat that!!" And what's even worse is the ownership of this mess lives in the same town and breathes the same air and reads the same media. I'm sadly afraid things are NEVER going to change and we will be putting up with this bottom-feeder garbage for years. God help us all.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steeler fans and their refusal of reality.

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Well... this season looks heading completely down the shitter...those homer Steeler fans are going to have to put their head completely up their ass to not see the reality of a team that has had a bunch of completely failed drafts and shit...who are they going to beat? That defense is atrocious and the offense isn't going to score enough to make up for that.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:10 pm

I am shocked to hear that anyone anywhere is saying anything positive about this team. Period. I don't look at other sites and I certainly don't read mainstream news, but I just assumed that when even Coach Cowher and Hines Ward are calling these pussies out on national TV, the writing was on the wall for even the most myopic fans to see. No heart, no discipline, no identity, no coaching. This team is circling the bowl and fast.

3-13 is the best thing that could happen to us.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 pm

credit Cowher for speaking truth,
"Fineness on offense. Soft on Defense"

adding my 2 cents

that's just unacceptable for a team wearing the chiefs initials.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:credit Cowher for speaking truth,
"Fineness on offense. Soft on Defense"

adding my 2 cents

that's just unacceptable for a team wearing the chiefs initials.

Agreed, Hammer. Going into this year I had the starry-eyed delusion that the memory of Coach would motivate this team to play above their talent level. Instead they seem content to play below it. I watched a bunch of football yesterday and was amazed at the level of competitiveness and fire I saw in the majority of teams, even the ones who lost their games. A competiveness and fire (and pride) that has been sorely lacking in Pittsburgh for some time now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:03 pm

isfry, I have learned to trick myself into enjoying the game, this season especially. Before kick-off, I just get it set in my mind that we will lose by 3 touchdowns. So, when we lose by 14 or 17, I'm not so damn disappointed. Mix in a few beers and by dinner (or bedtime tonight) I just don't give a shit. However, reality sets in the following morning so I come to stillers.com to rant and share in other people's pain. It usually ends up with a good laugh from Mill or some of you creative posters, like PG.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Sleep well, SoCal Sleep well.
:)

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Not to get on a rant but what a worthless, shit assed pick Dri Archer is. At least Davenport made it to the 20 when he was returning kickoffs. Maybe he blossoms, but right now this has to be one of the most dumb-fucked draft picks of all time.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:54 am

Here's a pattern. Seems like every year the Steelers start out just dumb as dirt. Then over time, these guys who have been playing and coaching football all of their lives finally learn how to play. And they finish the season too little and too late.

And then again next season they've forgotten everything that they learned, same guys as last season mind you, and once again they're dumb as dirt and cannot play football.

Did you ever see that kind of pattern with the Patriots, for example? I haven't.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 am

I agree Chuck. We may see Blunt taking kick-offs before long. To be fair, the blocking on unspecial teams has sucked monkey balls.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

He actually has a couple already. He looks slower than Jonathan Dwyer. Haha.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:57 am

"Before kick-off, I just get it set in my mind that we will lose by 3 touchdowns."

isfry, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to modify this to 5 TD's for this game against the Colts. :cry:

Also, I think I will go with an imported beer this Sunday with a little more kick to ease the pain. :cheers:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Since I was forced to increase my Kool-Aid intake for 2 minutes and 54 seconds last week, I will say I think we have a legitimate chance of beating the Colts as long as we can put pressure on Luck. Hopefully Shazier and Thomas are back in action. Look for Martavis Bryant to be a presence in the receiving corps.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 am

"I will say I think we have a legitimate chance of beating the Colts as long as we can put pressure on Luck"

Now that's funny right there. Is that Kool-aid or grain alchohol you're drinking? I think I will stick with my bullshit and beer method this week.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Mmmm...Kool-Aid...

:subngtowl:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:52 pm

I am a realist , living in a real world. Steelers are a team in transition, they've been for probably the last 3yrs. I see it as, good teams like the Steelers are able to go through this transition without showing it much. We all know their inconsistant play so far has been frustrating to say the least. But slowly but surely, I think they're starting to get it. Munchuck is quickly showing just how much he brings to the table. Defense when it gets going, can fly around the ball and are bringing good pressure from all over. Stay healthy, and they will only get better week by week. I wouldn't want to have to play the Steelers in the playoffs, thats for sure. Beat the Ravens good, and really send a message Pittsburgh !!

:cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk