Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Any possibility of this scenario coming true...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Any possibility of this scenario coming true...

Postby SoFlSteel777 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03 pm

The Jets continuing to suck and Rex getting fired seems all but inevitable. How he coached that team to 8 wins last year i really don't know. So, Lebeau decides to call it a career at the end of the year (if not sooner, we can only hope) and we hire Rex as the new defensive coordinator. The Ravens D was always good and with Mark Sanchez as his QB, Rex and their D made it to the AFC championship game after beating the patsies. Could this even be remotely possible and if so would you think it's a good idea? I haven't heard much discussion about it but I for one would be thrilled to see this.

Practice Squad

Re: Any possibility of this scenario coming true...

Postby JoshBroski » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 pm

No chance in hell of this happening but I'd love to have Rex. I'm really not too enthusiastic about Butler as LeBeau's replacement. Just look at how our LBers are developing.

If he gets canned in NY, there's about 7-8 other NFL teams that would hire him as HC in a heartbeat.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:08 am

I agree as well, but doubt it will happen. LeBeau has 5 to 10 more years left.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Rex Ryan is a worthless piece of shit who benefitted from the fucking murderers on his staff in Rats-town and then brought a handful of them with him to the JEST. The very idea of that fat, self-congratulatory, blowhard (previously from our arch enemy's camp) wearing black and gold sickens me. It should sicken you, too. Terrible idea. Why don't we see if Suggs would agree to be traded to Pitt, too?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm definately with isfry on this one. No way in hell do I want his goofy ass on our sideline. I would rather see an unproven assistant coach like Carnell Lake get the gig before this clown. However, since this team has been run like a circus of late, I guess one more clown probably wouldn't hurt.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:48 am

isfry is correct. The thought of this toe-sucking fat-bastard patrolling our sidelines is abhorrent. Like I said anyway, Old Man Dick has a good 5 to 10 years left anyway.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Rex Dick Sanchez Carnel Tomlin et al - ALL deck chairs on the Titanic - the SS Dan Rooney

Like our current White House Louse - NOTHING changes until Danny Boy the Castle Dwelling Obama orifice Licking Commie in chief sells out and takes up another hobby - like the ACLU or the NAACP or something

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:13 am

..don't forget alien abduction and the CIA shot JFK...

Return to Stillers Talk