Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Shoulda took Zach Martin

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Shoulda took Zach Martin

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 am

Heres a guy who pulled a hammy at his pro day and couldn't stay healthy in the "soft" Big Ten conference. Yet our beloved spends the highest draft pick we have had in years on this injury prone linebacker. Zach Martin had a rock solid career for the Irish and has helped solidify a nice unit down in Dallas. Martin could have upgraded at least one spot on our line immediately. :supissed: I love the way Bell has looked running the ball this year. He could have seen even more room to run with Martin up front.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Shoulda took Zach Martin

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:56 am

I still stick by my original choices of either a CB,(Denard or Fuller), or a true No.2 WR to compliment Brown.(Kelvin Benjamin) All 3 were available when the Steelers drafted, and all 3 look like they have very promising careers ahead of them. Not saying Shazier will be a bust, just that I would've picked one of the aforementioned trio before I would've taken him.

I mean it's not like Colbert's recent draft track record has been outstanding......

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Shoulda took Zach Martin

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Got to go with the Corner choice of Steeler76. This season is going to be over soon with Gay and Allen at starting corners and Taylor is one more year closer to retirement. Right now, it looks like every game is a nail biter or a blow out as the elite QBs are going to chew up that defense.

Return to Stillers Talk