Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Steeler Song!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

New Steeler Song!

Postby HR36 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board and look forward to joining the conversations!

I also wanted to let you know that I wrote a new Steeler tailgate song at http://www.myspace.com/gregpond . Several of the guys on the team have told me they really like it, and it's starting to get some buzz around town.

I am not a great singer, and I wrote and recorded everything in my house, but I am pretty proud of it.

Let's whip some Texans Sunday!!!!!!!!! :surockin:

Stillers.com Team

Re: New Steeler Song!

Postby Nel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:27 pm

I like it, man.

Thanks and welcome to the board. :cheers:

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:03 pm

nice work !! Welcome aboard to the premier Stillers site on the 'net !!

Mill

Practice Squad

Postby angieTE84 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:26 pm

:cheers: great work!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:05 am

So towards the end where it says, "Time to bring the sound", I stopped it, laughed to myself and said, "Time to bring the sound, he said." Then came to reply.

So I mean... I like it. It has it's black-n-gold touch. It's certainly what you described it to be. You're not a great singer but you're a pretty decent Steelers' song-writer. I can dig it. :surockin: Considering it was done all at home. I give ye mad propz and such.

So tell me this HR36... Would you have a problem if say... I could convinced a much more... I d'uno... Talented bunch of musicians to record this? If there's private messaging allowed, maybe we could talk more discreetly about doing so.

BTW - Welcome, sir! ;)

Here's to football! :cheers:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 pm

WoodsonOfSteel, would the song still be as good if it lost the "blue collar" feel by using "white collar" singers as you suggest?

I think not!

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm

haha

I never suggested anything of the sort. Or did I? *evil grin*

And trust me... This 'white-collar' singing that you assume is FAR from the sort. Guaranteed.

* EDIT - Wait a damn minute. =^P That response was when I was at the bar moochin' Wi-Fi. It was a pretty impulsive response. Now that I took the time to re-read what I posted, I had to :suahhbs: :suahhbs: :suahhbs: you. =^P

I never said anything of the sort. Nothing about who I think could do a better version of this (with the artist's permission of course) is white-collar. How many white-collar musicians do YOU know? hehe I don't think I know ANY.

You wanna give a listen though? It'd be pretty... Solid. I think. That's only if I could convince it to be done... Which I'm pretty confident I can.

Lemme know if the musical side of you is open to new tunage.

Here's to football! :cheers: (and music)

Practice Squad

Postby HR36 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:11 pm

As I said, I am not Robert Plant, only a Steeler fan who can write some decent songs, but is not a great singer or a pro musician.

That being said, I originally wrote the song thinking about how Kid Rock would write a Steeler song. Don't be suprised if you hear him singing a version of the song down the road, but I will leave it at that for right now...

I am open to any ideas from other musicians. You can contact me via my myspace page.

I am proud of it for what it is. I tried to write a Steeler song that has some guts behind it.

And I did hear a few people playing it at the tailgates earlier today at Heinz Field! I have to admit, it is pretty cool to see some guys banging their heads to it.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Go Steelers! :surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Please don't take my reply the wrong way, sir.

I dig it. :surockin:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 pm

I have to admit, it is pretty cool to see some guys banging their heads to it.

That is the litmus test of fine musical taste! :surockin:

Return to Stillers Talk