Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Best Time For Steelers Games?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Best Time For Steelers Games?

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:12 am

Just curious what you all think is the best time for Steelers games? I.E.-The traditional 1PM/4PM kickoffs, or the primetime Sunday/Monday/Thursday night contests?

I may be in the minority here, but I have always enjoyed the afternoon games better than the prime time ones for whatever reasons. I have been working the overnight shift for a almost 15 years and usually sleep through over half of the 1PM contests, but I still prefer them and the 4PM'ers over the night ones.

How about you? Which category, if any, do you fall?

Stillers.com Team

Re: Best Time For Steelers Games?

Postby StillMill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 am

Steelers76 wrote:Just curious what you all think is the best time for Steelers games? I.E.-The traditional 1PM/4PM kickoffs, or the primetime Sunday/Monday/Thursday night contests?

I may be in the minority here, but I have always enjoyed the afternoon games better than the prime time ones for whatever reasons. I have been working the overnight shift for a almost 15 years and usually sleep through over half of the 1PM contests, but I still prefer them and the 4PM'ers over the night ones.

How about you? Which category, if any, do you fall?

I'd say the 1 PM game. I guess I don't terribly mind the 425 Pm games, as they allow for various chores and so on to be done prior to the game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 pm

My perspective after transplanting to the west coast is much different than most of you. I prefer the early Sunday games for 2 reasons:

First, my kick-ass Steeler bar with at least 150 of us opens at 8:00 AM for kick-off. They serve one hell of a breakfast for 5 bucks. I get to hang out with fellow transplants and talk fottball before kick-off. By noon (or halftime), I'm ready for my bucket of beers.
Second, I love the fact that the game is over at 1:30 and I still have the rest of my Sunday to enjoy (or be miserable if we lose).

:subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 pm

There's not a man on this board that believes you wait 'til noon for your beers, SoCal...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 pm

I tried man, I tried. ;)

It was noon somewhere dammit! I guess my stomach is on EDT just like my heart during the game.

:cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk