Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Biggest Waste Of Roster Space 2014?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Biggest Waste Of Roster Space 2014?

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 am

What player on the Steelers active roster do you think is the biggest waste of valuable roster space? I'll give my top 3;

1.) QB Landry Jones. This should be fairly obvious why, but if you really need it spelled out for you just check out Palmer Sucks's column about L.J. a few weeks ago. Most teams now, including the defending S.B. Champion Seahawks, keep just 2 QB's on the active roster and will comb the waiver wire if 1 gets hurt. Season's over anyways if you're down to your 3rd string signal caller, and I would feel better with Tebow or Rex Grossman under Center in that circumstance rather than Jones. But since Colbert reached for yet another pick in a recent draft, we are stuck with him.

2.) TE Matt Spaeth. It would be one thing if the 6'7 Spaeth could either block or catch the ball. But he can't do either.

3.) WR Justin Brown. Yet another reach pick by Colbert, which somehow "justifies" his presence on the active roster. There were vet. WRs on the waiver wire a few weeks ago that are better than this stiff, but old Kevin and Co. are just determined to pound that square peg in that round hole.

Well, those are mine. Agree, Disagree, Have Your Own?

Practice Squad

Re: Biggest Waste Of Roster Space 2014?

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:51 am

In no particular order:

Cam Thomas, Ike Taylor, and Brett Kiesel

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 pm

I have to put Spaeth at Number 1... I cannot ever remember him making a significant catch in the regular season. I am not high on Mike Adams either--2nd round draft pick? And what about Worlids so far????

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I forgot about Adams and Worilds. Easy enough to do. I think Worilds is probably wishing he had signed that contract the Steelers offered him right about now. Good luck in Free Agency if you play the rest of the season like this.

Practice Squad

Postby pittpete » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Mike Adams-Year 3 of this tub of shit
Ike Taylor-The NFL is a business & he should have been forced to retire
Cam Thomas-Might be the biggest waste of space to date.Makes Hood look like a pillar of stone.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 am

Mike Tomlin.

Practice Squad

Postby JoshBroski » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:53 am

bubbybrister wrote:Mike Tomlin.

Agreed. Haley controls the offense, as Dick does the defense. The things Mike does for this team, i.e., clock management, challenge flags, putting the right personnel on the field, motivating them to play, and evaluating talent seem to be the things we're weak at across the board. So I'm still wondering what positives he brings to the team.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:15 pm

I created a thread a year or so back on another board entitled "What does Tomlin bring to the table". I was flamed out of control and reminded ad neaseu he had won a SB. I never really did get an answer.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:02 am

LenSherwood wrote:I have to put Spaeth at Number 1... I cannot ever remember him making a significant catch in the regular season. I am not high on Mike Adams either--2nd round draft pick? And what about Worlids so far????

Spaeth caught a TD pass in the win at Green Bay last year.

That's literally his only catch since returning.

Return to Stillers Talk