Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Dick Report (Week 2)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

The Dick Report (Week 2)

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 pm

The Dick Report (Week 2) has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: The Dick Report (Week 2)

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:49 am

I have to agree, Mill. I especially agree with the "softee sitback" connection to the complete lack of splash plays and turnovers the last three or four years. If you just "keep everything in front of you" (ten yards in front of you), that does two things; it keeps your defensive players FAR AWAY from the ball, basically eliminating the possibility of a turnover, and it allows (actually it encourages) opposing offenses to dink and dunk you into 80 plus yard scoring drives, which Clev and Balt (as you accurately point out) had plenty of.

Practice Squad

Re: The Dick Report (Week 2)

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:44 pm

isfry wrote:I have to agree, Mill. I especially agree with the "softee sitback" connection to the complete lack of splash plays and turnovers the last three or four years. If you just "keep everything in front of you" (ten yards in front of you), that does two things; it keeps your defensive players FAR AWAY from the ball, basically eliminating the possibility of a turnover, and it allows (actually it encourages) opposing offenses to dink and dunk you into 80 plus yard scoring drives, which Clev and Balt (as you accurately point out) had plenty of.

I couldn't have said it better.

Return to Stillers Talk