Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Season Predictions?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Season Predictions?

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Looks like 9-7 to me at this point. I can't see them going into Cincy and winning next week, if they can't stay at home and beat the 4-7 Saints. Then they probably beat the Falcons, but is that a gimmee for this shitfest of a team? Noo... Then Kansas City will likely win as they need to, to stay in the playoffs. The season ender will depend on whether that game is still important for Cincy--if they rest starters for the playoffs, the Steelers might win it. So there you are 9-7...

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:32 pm

I am sticking with 10-6, which I predicted at the beginning of the season. Cincy is not very good. We have better talent overall on offense, and they are better defensively. I think we are finally due for a big return on special teams. Big Ben bounces back, and we win in Cincy.

The homer in me wants to believe we run the table, but this team is too capable of disappointment. The Atlanta game on the road is a real trap game. The Falcons are playing better now. They have a terrible coach, but a good quarterback and receiver. I think that's the one we drop.

I think the KC game is a win for us. Their quarterback stinks and their offense is lethargic. I don't think they can score quickly on us, which is our downfall (along with turnovers). We pull that one out in a low scoring affair.

Then we win the finale against the Bungholes in the Burgh. That will get us in the playoffs, forcing the Bengals to stay home after a late season collapse. Ravens finish 10-6 as well. We win the division on the tiebreaker, Ratbirds get a wild card slot.

Hope springs eternal.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Split with Cinci. Our D will make Dalton's contract seemed justified.

Lose in Atlanta. They are playing better. We end up 1-3 vs the pathetic NFC South.

Lose to KC. They can run the ball behind a good Oline that will dominate our Dline. Alex Smith sucks but will make enough plays vs Dick's pussy soft D. KCs rush with Houston and Hali won't give Ben a chance.

8-8 once again and Tomlin apologists will point to the fact that he hasn't had a losing season and the blame for the late season collapse will be the injuries.

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 pm

The Steelers typically finish seasons strong, though we are playing three teams that all have an incentive to win.

I think any true Steelers fan wants the team to be in the playoffs, and will tolerate a bad coach in exchange for a playoff appearance. If the team loses the next four and finishes having lost six of the last seven, that may be enough for the Rooneys to fire Tomlin. For all of their liberal pretentiousness, they know the Burgh will not tolerate any more of this.

8-8 means another year of Tomlin. 9-7 means two more years of Tomlin. 10-6 means four more years of Tomlin. A playoff win and Tomlin will be here for the next decade. :shock: Not sure what to root for.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Matthew1516 wrote:The Steelers typically finish seasons strong, though we are playing three teams that all have an incentive to win.

I think any true Steelers fan wants the team to be in the playoffs, and will tolerate a bad coach in exchange for a playoff appearance. If the team loses the next four and finishes having lost six of the last seven, that may be enough for the Rooneys to fire Tomlin. For all of their liberal pretentiousness, they know the Burgh will not tolerate any more of this.

8-8 means another year of Tomlin. 9-7 means two more years of Tomlin. 10-6 means four more years of Tomlin. A playoff win and Tomlin will be here for the next decade. :shock: Not sure what to root for.

Well said... :!: :!: :suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 pm

11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:56 am

isfry wrote:11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Here's hoping that isfry is a prophet.... :cheers:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Actually, SoCal, YOU'RE the one who predicted 11-5 way back in September. I'm just ridin' your coattails...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Someone spiked the hell out of my kool-aid that day, yet here we are. I honestly would not have predicted we would be in this position, especially after the Clowns loss. They can still find a way to dick this up since they're so nerve-racking that they make coffee nervous.

:suxfingers:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 am

mmm.....Kool Aid...

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk