Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Season Predictions?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Season Predictions?

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:37 am

Since this board was locked up for the month of August, no one made a season prediction... Now we are two games in, so it doesn't have the exact impact as being completely fucking wrong with the optimism of training camp. But what does everyone predict?

I think schedule is weak enough for 9-7, but that is the only thing that makes me think one more win than last year.

Practice Squad

Re: Season Predictions?

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:05 pm

I had originally thought if the team stayed healthy a 12-4 or 11-5 finish was possible. Right now I am not so sure 9-7 is even possible. This team will not get better until there are changes made on the coaching staff.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:52 am

I think the Carolina game will tell a lot. Either we are a team gelling and coming together or we are as bad as we have looked for the last six quarters. If it's the former, 10-6. If it's the latter, the basement awaits. 7-9.

Practice Squad

Postby JoshBroski » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 pm

No better than 10-6. We're in for another rollercoaster season imho.

Practice Squad

Postby pittpete » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Through two games 8-8 seems like reality unless some changes are made.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:06 pm

It's difficult to make any predictions in todays NFL. It seems every team is Jekyll and Hyde from one week to the next. I need to see way more no huddle if this offense is going to reach it's full potential. I think they have the pieces to be very good. The defense needs to man up and get the CB's closer to the LOS. I'm not seeing very much disruption of receiver routes within the 5 yards, which IMO, is this team's biggest problem. I'm seeing way too many WR's and backs running clean through the backfield. What say you Joey Porter? LB play sucks right now!

Fuck it. I say 11-5! :surockin: :surockin:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:09 am

Nice! I like the enthusiasm, SoCal! And I agree with the no huddle on offense, and am incensed that it hasn't been a staple thus far. I also agree with your point about pressing WR's at the LOS. Since we now know that a DB can't even give a WR a dirty look AFTER five yards without a flag, doesn't it stand to reason that there needs to be some disruption BEFORE the five yards?
I guess I'm just not a defensive genius like "grandpa shits-in-his-pants"...

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 am

8-8 and no play offs.
Tomlin must go.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Well, here we are at 6-3 with the JEST and the Titties coming up before our bye. (A combined 3-14 record between them.) If we take care of that business and go into our bye 8-3 (which we should, even if we weren't playing as hot as we are for the last couple weeks) then we have the following games left:

CIN (X2)
NO
KC
ATL

If we just split with Cincy (who seem to be spiraling downward right now), beat the rudderless FAIL-cons, and win either against the Queefs or the Aint's we finish 11-5. When this thread was first posted I thought 10-6 was best case scenario. Now I feel like 11-5 would be underachieving. Anyone think it's possible to go on a run? 12-4? 13-3?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Fry, these guys have been pretty maddening the last couple years. It's so hard to believe in them being 12-4, but if they keep improving and don't come out flat against inferior teams it could happen. I'm not going to go that far but I like your 11-5 scenario.

I'm thinking our defense isn't really acceptable, but the more they're off the field, the more acceptable they become. We haven't had the O to keep the D off the field like a lot of other top tier teams have had. Like it or not, the NFL game is not about defense anymore, its about the rate at which you can score.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Pommah wrote: Like it or not, the NFL game is not about defense anymore, its about the rate at which you can score.

:suplusone:

Yup. If you cant beat em, join 'em.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:51 pm

12-4. We win the north. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl to avenge the loss from a few years ago. I'm buying my tickets to Arizona.

Practice Squad

Postby Ron Burgundy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 pm

10-6. same as I predict every year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:44 pm

A win against lowly Tampa Bay and I would be bullish on the Steelers taking the Saints and Falcons for the sweep against the weak NFC South this year. As I see it they beat the Saints at home, maybe struggle vs. Bungles in Cincinnati (still believe they should go after Dalton as they did Flacco), beat Falcons in Atlanta, 9-5 at that point. Next the Chiefs could be tough as they might still be sniffing playoffs then with quality wins against Patriots & Seahawks and close losses to Broncos & 49ers, trounced Miami, hell the Chiefs beat the Jets! We beat the Bungles at home for the season finale, end up 11-5 and even better the Poes do NOT get in. Although it would be a great game if they somehow had to play the Poes in the playoffs and smack them again. Whaddya think?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 pm

All three of our division rivals play road games this coming week.

Brownies at Falcons (who recently righted the ship against CAR)
Bungles at Texans (who recently got their shit together WITHOUT Arian Foster)
Ratbirds at NO (who are coming off a rare, tough home loss)

While we are home getting healthier and getting four or five defensive players back from various injuries, look for all three of the above games to go our way. We will come back from the bye with a game lead over Balt and Clev, and a C-Hair's lead over the Bung-holes, whom we will subsequently sweep.

12-4. Win the North. Beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 am

The schedule and talent should have produced 11-5 or 12-4, give or take. Then you have to factor in Tomlin, Old Man Dick, and Haley's Vomit offense.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:50 pm

isfry wrote:While we are home getting healthier and getting four or five defensive players back from various injuries, look for all three of the above games to go our way.

Oh, well. 0 for 2 so far. I guess I should keep my day job. Haha

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:02 pm

isfry wrote:
isfry wrote:While we are home getting healthier and getting four or five defensive players back from various injuries, look for all three of the above games to go our way.

Oh, well. 0 for 2 so far. I guess I should keep my day job. Haha

Well, fry, that's why we all have day jobs here.

Everybody on this board should read the story on the '74 Steelers on Steelers.com. I may be one of the few contributors on this board to remember that year. I was playing pop warner in a town far removed from the 'burgh, and took a lot of crap from other kids for being a Steelers fan. They looked like they were going nowhere all season long, mediocre. I was a Hanratty man, myself, then when he got a chance to start he stunk up the joint. A lot of players matured that year, and so did Chuck Noll. In some ways it reminds me of the team this year, should be playing better than they are. Something has to happen to make the team solidify. It hasn't happened yet, and may not, ya never know. It's why we keep watching.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:36 am

And I hit the hat trick with the Ratbirds' victory over NO. What a fucking logjam at the top of the AFC North...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:46 pm

11-5. We win the North. We beat the Fudgepackers in the Super Bowl.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk