Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New to the board

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

New to the board

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Just joined the board, although I have been reading it over the past few years. I decided to leave another Steeler board because I can no longer tolerate the blind loyalty and outright "homerism" its comprised of. I am a long time Steeler fan (1972) and just like to call it as I see it.

I have stated that Tomlin is in (and has been in) over his head for quite some time and Dullard Dick's time has past. The only players currently that are confused by the Dullard's defense are the players trying to learn the system. Yet we have invested highly the past 2 years and the new defensive players rot on the bench. Cam Thomas is a POS, I'm sorry, but Tuitt in.

Don't get me started on Haley, this wife-swapping, spider seeing, McDonald rat eating, black helicopter chasing nut needs to be selling used cars.

Anyway, I am happy to be here, don't expect to see me post about "ponies and rainbows", this team has serious issues, starting at the staff level.

Stillers.com Team

Re: New to the board

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Welcome to the board.
You'll find we get some gliches here, sometimes for months on end, but just keep checking back cause were still the best Steelers talk on the web.

I'd also recommend you check out viewforum.php?f=12 for some of the things that can run you afoul of the staff here.
Looking forward to reading your posts. Enjoy the board.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Yeah, the Homer Boards are putrid. I got into a flame out with a bunch of those types over Jarvis Jones who these guys thought to be the second coming of Jack Ham... if you look at his body, unless he does some major steroids, he isn't destined to beat NFL level tackles--he isn't fast enough to elude them and he sure as shit isn't going to bull rush them...
These guys here are worth reading every week.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks, guys. The coaching here needs revamped, but funny you bring up JJ. He is already "God like" at the board i left along with the ball washers of Ike Taylor. I don't know when it became taboo to discuss the short comings of your team.

Anyway how many more years will we be subject to this pig vomit staff of Tomlin & Co. Come on, man the dude doesn't even know the rules. remember last season when he put Troy back to return the FG ala Auburn vs Alabama, but in the NFL the opposing team gets the ball from the site of the kick placement? Even if you are that ignorant and desperate, why use Troy> You might want to put someone with a little break away speed back there. I also always liked his kickoff returners when he would use Redman or Dwyer, etc. How about a WR to return KOs? Redman looked liked he was running in mud.

Sorry for the rant, but these coaches suck.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

How dare you talk about the Steelers' vaunted coaching staff like that, chucktown? And you call yourself a fan...

haha. Welcome to the board.

Practice Squad

Postby pittpete » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Chuck, i'm in the same boat as you.
I'm leaving 2 boards that think everything will be peaches because we are the STEELERS.
Problem is we've been the Steelers for the past 2 and a half years.
I want to be the Steelers we used to be before St. LeBeau decided its better to get dinked and dunked on up and down the field.

Practice Squad

Postby JoshBroski » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

The amount of homerism on the other boards makes me cringe. It's like every Steeler admin on other sites is just flat delusional and will ban you if your take is negative. Hope this site adds more members. It's clearly the best Steeler board around.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:16 pm

pittpete wrote:Chuck, i'm in the same boat as you.
I'm leaving 2 boards that think everything will be peaches because we are the STEELERS.
Problem is we've been the Steelers for the past 2 and a half years.
I want to be the Steelers we used to be before St. LeBeau decided its better to get dinked and dunked on up and down the field.

Are use the same PittPete as the board I left? Steeler Addicts?

Practice Squad

Postby pittpete » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 pm

No
Planet and fever

Practice Squad

Postby JoshBroski » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Don't even get me started on that tonyshitchest kid. He is about as delusional as they come.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 am

What we have here is the continued malaise of an organization that went off the rails when Danny the Castle dweller began licking Hussein Obamas anal orifice

See? Not only no homers here - but we drill down to depths of criticism never dreamed of over at the koolaid boards

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Pretty sure this is the only board where the chief reviewer listed all the faults of the team and poor plays after winning SB's 40 and 43.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:20 pm

What's up chuck? I'm one of the more optimistic posters here, but I'm a realist. This team has been in steady decline since winning the SB. I like what Colbert has done this offseason to make the team younger and faster in a short period of time. However, he has a bunch of unqualified douchebags coaching this team. The talent has not been the problem, it's the fucking bozos coaching them. It's still early, so here's to this group somehow getting it together and making this once proud franchise great again.

:cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Also, did anyone else hear about Haley missing the team flight last week? What an unprofessional tool. Nice example jackass.

:sufu:

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:25 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:Also, did anyone else hear about Haley missing the team flight last week? What an unprofessional tool. Nice example jackass.

:sufu:

I posted about that earlier today. This douche bag also sued McDonalds saying he ate Rat meat instead of Chicken McNuggets, was involved in wife swapping, was being sued by his ex-land lord for back rent payments and also something about black helicopters following him.

Coke addict?

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:49 pm

recommend you bookmark the message board, as the sites main page goes down frequently, but the board will still function if you can find it.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:16 am

Welcome aboard, Chuck !!

Stillers.com -- we lead, others follow.

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks Still Mill and all. Visited this site many times over the years and have to say it is spot on.

I just wonder if Dullard Dick's defense and Haley's Vomit offense can screw the game up tomorrow?

These are the games they usually dong in on.

Return to Stillers Talk