Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-PoeBirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-PoeBirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 am

Stillers-PoeBirds Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-PoeBirds Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby LenSherwood » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 am

Was that game about as boring a game as you could watch? The Steelers moved the ball some, I guess. Average Joe didn't light them up really. But they just didn't put up much of a fight. They are not physical on either side of the ball. Offense is as inconsistent as ever. Defense might be faster but this is going to get ugly against better offenses than the Ravens and Browns... Looks like a long year.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 pm

I turned a corner last night. I have been reluctant to join the throng of torch-burners crying for a wholesale dismantling of this team, from HC to FB. I am begrudgingly joining their ranks.

Let's take an honest assessment of where we are. We lose a playoff game to Tim Tebow. TIM TEBOW. (Bear in mind we are the ONLY team who will EVER be able to claim that ignominious honor.)

Since that time we have played lackluster, uninspired ball to the tune of 17-17. Two 8-8 no-playoff seasons, and this turd of a start, which looks to be heading in the same direction, or worse. (We would be 0-2 if the Clowns weren't their own punch line.)

In a "quarterback driven league" where we have (IMHO) one of the top five hurlers in the game, how can it possibly be that we are a shit-stain, middle of the pack, .500 team over that long of a period? That's not tough bounces or bad calls. That is our identity now. We are a sub-par, sub-standard, disorganized, un-coached group of individuals with varying levels of talent and NO discipline to speak of.

Unless something drastic is done, we look comfortable settling into that identity for a nice long nap. Thank God football season is back...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 pm

It all starts up front. Our front 7 provide no pressure. Flacco had days, how the hell do you not even get a hit on a QB in this day and age? Without pressure our DBs are exposed for the suck that they are.
During last nights game, they announcer said Dick's #1 mantra is don't get beat deep. His soft and tender D has a blue print out on how to beat it, short quick throws underneath the coverage.

Gonna be a long year

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Incidentally, my buddy and I were talking during the offseason about flying from Cal to Pitt for the Nov 2 game against the Rats for Mean Joe's celebration. After seeing the first two games I am not even sure this team warrants the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket, let alone plane tickets...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Tomlin is just Capt. Clueless. How you can look at our D and not make heads roll is incredible. Play calling was atrocious last night.
All the new pickups have done is cash checks. Munchak hasn't seemed to make a difference with the O line yet. Maybe a little improvement in the run game, but not in pass pro. Gonna be a long year. We could go 0-4 against the NFC S. Best chance for a win is TB.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:57 pm

What we have here is the continued malaise of an organization that went off the rails when Danny the Castle dweller began licking Hussein Obamas anal orifice

Practice Squad

Postby chucktownsteeler » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:20 pm

They just don't seem to have a pulse. It appears there is no pride or determination, no leadership. teams often take the persona of their coaches.

Much like your children, players will do what they are allowed to get away with. How many special team penalties must we endure year after year. Here's a simple approach, if you see the opponents last name on his jersey don't block him. Any questions? Good, next person flagged is cut.

Give that a try instead of taking away their foosball and ping-pong tables.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:26 pm

What we have here is the continued malaise of an organization that went off the rails when Danny the Castle dweller began licking Hussein Obamas anal orifice

Return to Stillers Talk