Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Anderson signs with the Ratbirds

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Anderson signs with the Ratbirds

Postby Iron Gut » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:31 pm

With job security in mind, former Cincinnati Bengals right tackle Willie Anderson turned down trips to Tampa Bay and San Diego and accepted a three-year, $10.5 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that new Ravens tackle Willie Anderson’s contract is worth $11 million over three years, with $3.5 million guaranteed.

Anderson was drafted in 1996 by the Bengals, only six spots after former Ravens tackle Jonathan Ogden, who retired earlier this year.

Looks like the Ratbirds have zero faith in their young tackles. Smart money says Anderson plays 10 games at most due to his body breaking down.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Anderson signs with the Ratbirds

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:48 am

NEXT! :turnback:

Practice Squad

Postby stillthere » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Looks like the Ratbirds have zero faith in their young tackles. Smart money says Anderson plays 10 games at most due to his body breaking down.

I think they have faith, but Terry got hurt and with a young QB you may want some veteran leadership on the O to help stabilize the team. Anderson can play he just is getting up in years.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 pm

In spirit of this thread, did Willie Anderson play today?

I kept glancing up at the ratbird/bungle game and it looked like Balt's run-game had nooo problem getting where they wanted to go. That's a pretty hefty trio of backs over in the black-n-purple.

I'm wondering now if Mr. Anderson had anything to do with this performance. Sure it was Cincinnati, but they did manage to get more yards on the ground than Pittsburgh.

Anyone?

Return to Stillers Talk