Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » various draft reviews

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

various draft reviews

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat May 10, 2014 8:37 am

here's the sporting news:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2 ... h-steelers
they seem to think that Shazier is an OLB in a 4-3 contrary to what the brass in Pitt is saying.
Be sure to click on the analysis....says he's a value late round 1 or 2....we spent middle of 1 on him.

ESPN has some interesting quotes.
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers
“Both of these players, if all develops as anticipated, are going to get a lot of playing time.” LeBeau said. “Sometimes in the past we’ve been in a position where our draft choices didn’t necessarily have to play for a year or so. That is definitely not the case in this situation.”

Still waiting: Who would have guessed this? Two days and three rounds into the draft, the Steelers have yet to take a cornerback or a wide receiver. They have addressed inside linebacker, defensive end and running back, with only the middle position qualifying as one of serious need. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said he is not worried about the Steelers' depth at cornerback. "I feel good about the cornerbacks that we have, and we have more numbers there than people realize," LeBeau said. "We may have great players in the building; they just haven’t had the chance to show us they are greater."
Still waiting: Who would have guessed this? Two days and three rounds into the draft, the Steelers have yet to take a cornerback or a wide receiver. They have addressed inside linebacker, defensive end and running back, with only the middle position qualifying as one of serious need. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said he is not worried about the Steelers' depth at cornerback. "I feel good about the cornerbacks that we have, and we have more numbers there than people realize," LeBeau said. "We may have great players in the building; they just haven’t had the chance to show us they are greater."

Who they hell is he talking about?
Someone needs to tell dick that players are defined by what they do on the field. They aren't great players until they have the results to prove it.
Maybe they cloned Woodson or Blount. ;)

Hall of Famer

Re: various draft reviews

Postby isfry » Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm

thesteelhammer wrote: Two days and three rounds into the draft, the Steelers have yet to take a cornerback or a wide receiver. They have addressed inside linebacker, defensive end and running back, with only the middle position qualifying as one of serious need.

Nuf said.

thesteelhammer wrote:Who they hell is he talking about?Someone needs to tell dick that players are defined by what they do on the field. They aren't great players until they have the results to prove it.

:suplusone:

Perhaps Isaiah Green and Antwon Blake are sleeper superstars...

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun May 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Mel Kiper, who admittedly knows a lot more than I do about football gave the Steelers an A- on their draft. I have hope.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Draft reviews are usually bullshit. I bet if you go back to 2008 and 2009 people were giving the Steelers B+s or A-s... I agree with Dejan Kovacevic... they had better get this one right. This looks like two decent defensive players and that is about it...that WR may be the second coming of Limas Sweed... large but can't catch the ball...

Return to Stillers Talk