Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Two players need to stay healthy for once.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Two players need to stay healthy for once.

Postby DirtDawson » Mon May 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Maurkice Pouncey and David DeCastro.

It's been the most frustrating thing about this team. They finally spend 1st round picks on top notch linemen. Pouncey proves to be All-Pro caliber. DeCastro was the biggest draft steal of his lineman class. Two seasons ago, with a pretty strong preseason hype, DeCastro gets injured at the start of the season. Then this year, Pouncey goes down. His injury was hard to watch, I sure hope he recovers as close to fully as possible.

Damn if they could just both be healthy for a season, the offense would be so much better...

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Two players need to stay healthy for once.

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 pm

That's a very good point that I think many have overlooked, myself included. On a positive note, at least they have built / acquired good o-line depth in the meantime.
;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Yeah Dirt, nice point.

Also the other guys on the OL are more experienced now, and Ben is making their life more than a tad bit easier by getting rid of the ball earlier and accepting at least some dink-and-dunk.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Great point. I still get chills thinking about how it almost looked like DeCastro was targeting Pouncey's knee. The only person who felt worse than Pouncey was DeCastro, I'm sure. Let's hope they both, and the whole damn O-line for that matter, have a healthy and productive season. A 4-0 start would go a long way to solidifying a playoff berth, contrary to how last year's disaster started...

Return to Stillers Talk