Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers sign LB Moats/receive compensatory picks

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers sign LB Moats/receive compensatory picks

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:49 am

The Steelers came to terms with former Bills LB Arthur Moats on a 1 year contract. In 4 seasons in Buffalo, Moats played in 59 games,(starting 20 of them), and recorded 109 tackles, 5 QB Sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery.

Also it was announced by The NFL that The Steelers will receive 3 compensatory picks in the upcoming draft. They are 3rd Round,(97th overall), 5th Round,(173rd), and 6th Round.(215th overall)

Souce: Steelers.com

Well, this effectively ends the James Harrison coming back talk. Also, like the news of us getting more draft picks, especially that extra 3rd rounder. We'll need all the help we can get in that area. :suplusone:

Practice Squad

Re: Steelers sign LB Moats/receive compensatory picks

Postby Matthew1516 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 am

I'm not so sure Harrison is off the table. We are still thin at linebacker depth. Moats more likely replaces Foote on the roster as an ILB. I'm not sure if we'll ever get anything out of Spence. I hope they bring back Silverback for one last season. He didn't get banged up last year with the Bengals, and he actually played well statistically when he was on the field. He showed no signs of missing a beat the previous season with the Steelers, and his work ethic and aggressiveness are needed in that locker room. Harrison would be a one season replacement for Woodley while the team focuses on other needs in the draft.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers sign LB Moats/receive compensatory picks

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 pm

He pretty much is off the table. Colbert said in an interview with KDKA after they signed Moats it wasn't going to happen.

Return to Stillers Talk