Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Happy Trails; Steeler F.A.'s Sign With Other Teams

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Happy Trails; Steeler F.A.'s Sign With Other Teams

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 am

On "The Nightly Sports Call" last night, host Mike Zappone announced that TE David Johnson signed with San Diego, while RB Johnathan Dwyer signed with Arizona to the surprise of nobody.(Gee another Steeler signed with The Cards?!? I'm shocked!!) To think he'll be replacing another ex-Steeler who just retired at the ripe old age of 26 just says it all. Even DL Al Woods, who started 2 games here in like 3 years, signed with another team but I don't remember who.

Also, apparently Jacksonville is interested in WR Manny Sanders for some reason, as well as DL Ziggy Hood. Can't imagine why that team has been so bad for the past several years. :subngtowl:

Don't really care about any of these players going elsewhere except Dwyer. As Zappone pointed out, Bell is the only RB on their current depth chart that's under contract. Would've like to have kept Jon as a back-up, but maybe they know something the rest of us don't.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Happy Trails; Steeler F.A.'s Sign With Other Teams

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:32 am

Al Woods headed to the Tits as well. With Dwyer and Woods and Hood gone, RB and D line is suddenly very thin. Sucks to lose Woods. Do we bring back old man Kiesel for one more year, grab a FA scrub, or use a draft pick?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:05 pm

I think you absolutely need to resign Kiesel to rotate in. Either way they need to sign someone else or draft heavy along the D-line.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 pm

- Big Lamar was actually signed by The Raiders. I would say this shocks me, but sadly it doesn't given that sad sack organization. I think it's safe to say they'll get what they paid for.

- Ziggy Hood officially signed with Jacksonville today, meaning there are a grand total of ZERO draft picks on the roster from the 2008 and 2009 classes. Well done, Colbert!

Return to Stillers Talk