Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Big LaMarr Gets Cut...!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Big LaMarr Gets Cut...!

Postby StillMill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Big LaMarr Gets Cut...! has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Big LaMarr Gets Cut...!

Postby Pommah » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 am

Its absolutely true, Stillers.com was calling out Woodley where everybody else was still lauding him. Early on, I remember thinking Mill was being too hard on the guy, but the evidence kept piling up. Then later, the unwillingness of the mainstream press to call him out was just so blatant. That's why one reads this site.

Makes you really wonder about the team and personnel, especially on D. We wasted the first few cheap years of Worilds' contract. We wasted a first round draft pick on Ziggy the Hood. Took forever to recognize that James Harrison could be a demon. We now find ourselves in a situation where the known quantities are old and the new players are untested and possibly unskilled. Maybe this is LeBeau's fault due to the way he runs his, D, but there are certainly others who have bought off on the process.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Ed Burns » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 pm

YES!!!!!!! :sudancin:

The last time Mill wrote anything positive about the Woodley was the Super Bowl XLIII report. That was the last time Woodley put in any type of great effort... Glad he's gone. They finally cut the right guy.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Maybe we don't have to force LeBeau to retire, maybe he can be cut as well. I like him, but, his fascination with this stupid 3-4 needs changed. Good qbs eat this d up. 5 SBs show the essence of the 4-3 vs the 3-4: NYGiants twice over NE NOSaints over Indy and the Shehawks and Denver are instances of 4-3 and good qbs while GB and the Steelers show the failings of the 3-4. Woodley just exemplified this fly by night D. The Steelers need to draft 7 Dlinemen and bring in some practice squad guys from other teams. We need 4 good Dlinemen. We have plenty of LB prospects. If Mr. LeBeau doesn't like it he can join Woodley and hit the FA market.
As for Colbert he f'ed up w Woodley, but he got it right with AB.
is it the 3-4 that negates Ziggy's talent? Or does Colbert lack the recognition of talent?
Haley got it right w Bell, his Dad knew talent when he saw it. Maybe Colbert needs to follow LeBeau out the door. We will see this draft.
one thing is for sure, we are going nowhere in the playoffs if we get there w this 3-4 junk. And our pass rush doesn't exist, which is why we have done so poorly.
How about this proposed line up: Haley head coach, Tomlin DC, and Carnell Lake as DFO?

Practice Squad

Postby steelcitysouth » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Mill, I have to say that the reason I came to your site prior to signing up was to read your scathing reports on Woodley. Your traffic will be up as we get closer to season since I have told "many a jaggoff " about your reviews. The 61 million dollar question (Had to throw that in there!) is who will take that lazy, fat fuckers place? I am going with Puffer....

Have a good weekend, BB

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:15 pm

fred wrote:his fascination with this stupid 3-4 needs changed. Good qbs eat this d up. 5 SBs show the essence of the 4-3 vs the 3-4: NYGiants twice over NE NOSaints over Indy and the Shehawks and Denver are instances of 4-3 and good qbs while GB and the Steelers show the failings of the 3-4.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. The 3-4 is a superior pass-rushing scheme when you have the talent at the right positions. It sure seemed to work out OK when we had a healthy Harrison, or for that matter Porter, Greene, Kirkland, Bell, Brown, Lambert, Ham, Russell...

I will agree that, when you cannot generate a rush from the edges (as we could not last season), the 3-4 is quite impotent. However, when you cannot generate a rush from anywhere, so is the 4-3. Neither last year's ineffectiveness by the Steelers, nor the success of the Jints, Saints, and Roid-hawks amounts to a referendum on scheme. It is merely a representation of what can happen when you have the right players in the right positions, and what can happen when you don't.

Return to Stillers Talk