Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Fat LaMarr

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Fat LaMarr

Postby isfry » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:07 pm

The following is a clip from the official team site regarding the OLB's for next year, Fat LaMarr in particular:

LaMARR WOODLEY
This will be the most-watched move of the offseason. During the three seasons from 2008-10, Woodley had 35 sacks, plus nine more in the playoffs. During the three seasons from 2011-13, he missed 14 games with hamstring, ankle and calf injuries. This many soft-tissue injuries over a three-year span is not a good sign, and Woodley will be 30 in November. But when healthy, he was a dynamic outside linebacker in a 3-4. There really are two questions about Woodley to be answered this offseason: Can he still play? Is he worth his cap number?

Really? From 2008 to 2010 with a healthy James Harrison opposite him Fat Lamarr got 12 sacks per year and then when James played only eleven games in 2011 and 2012 combined and got cut prior to 2013 LaMarr revealed himself as a lazy slob who had merely been riding Harrison's double-teams for years?

Wow. Insightful breakdown from the crew at Steelers.com.

Actually, there are more than two questions. There is a third: are you fucking kidding me?

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Fat LaMarr

Postby Ed Burns » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:33 pm

All I have to say is I hope Big LaMarr gets cut. The team could use the money saved to sign Worilds, and other guys who will put in the effort necessary to earn that spot on the field. All LaMarr did was get a bunch of dong sacks, and maybe a solo or assist here or there. That's it. I'm glad Mill exposed him for what he is. It's funny... The last time I saw anything positive written on this site about Woodley-Dong was back at SB XLIII... That's 5 years of crap performances. That's way too many.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Fat LaMarr

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm

There aint a helluva lot of build on, on the defensive side right now. You got Timmons and Heywood and that is about it. Starkey's column in the Tribune Review does a decent job of painting a pretty bleak picture on the defensive side of the ball if you look through recent articles. I thought they reached for Jones--Starkey said something that I thought when looking at his college pictures--where is the rest of him. He looked liked a corner back and unless he grows into manhood, he isn't going to be much of an impact player justifying a what 16 pick? From what I have read, if true, you just might see old Woodley back this year because he is a huge dead salary cap hit--even if they cut him, it will cost them a lot of cap room. Good job Colbert, Tomlin and all the personnel guys!

Return to Stillers Talk