Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Should The Steelers Pursue WR Sidney Rice?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Should The Steelers Pursue WR Sidney Rice?

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Word has it that WR Sidney Rice will be cut soon by The Super Bowl Champion Seahawks, a casualty of the salary cap. If that happens, does anyone think The Steelers would be wise to pursue him?

Although he has been often injured over the last couple of years, I think his potential still remains high. He will be only 28 once The 2014 Season starts. 'Tonio Brown needs a solid No. 2 WR to compliment him and the passing game, and I do not trust Colbert's recent track record to find one in the upcoming draft.

Of course on the flip side is the aforementioned injuries, and the matter of his price tag.(If Seattle keeps him, he will be owed a little over 9 million this season.) All this said I believe he would be worth the gamble.

Thoughts?

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Should The Steelers Pursue WR Sidney Rice?

Postby Ed Burns » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 pm

On one hand, yes the Steelers should pursue Rice, because he was a very good WR in Minnesota. I think they'd be able to get him at a good price. He couldn't be any worse than bringing in Burress was in 2013.

The flip side is the fact he's been injured repeatedly the last few years. That's also where I can mention Burress again.

Return to Stillers Talk