Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steeler Lessons From the Saints Win

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steeler Lessons From the Saints Win

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:22 am

The Saints victory gave me two thoughts"
1) The Steelers fucked around with Keenan Lewis who absolutely blanketed the Eagles best receiver and let him go while keeping fucking Woodley's huge contract to do NOTHING!! This is outrageous.
2) You saw a professional coach manage the last four minutes of the game unlike what you get with Dumblin. Payton systematically controlled the last four minutes to kick a field goal to leave 0.00 on the clock. That is the kind of coaching decision making, game clock management and play calling that you don't get out of the Steelers.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steeler Lessons From the Saints Win

Postby Ohio » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 pm

LenSherwood wrote:The Saints victory gave me two thoughts"
1) The Steelers fucked around with Keenan Lewis who absolutely blanketed the Eagles best receiver and let him go while keeping fucking Woodley's huge contract to do NOTHING!! This is outrageous.
2) You saw a professional coach manage the last four minutes of the game unlike what you get with Dumblin. Payton systematically controlled the last four minutes to kick a field goal to leave 0.00 on the clock. That is the kind of coaching decision making, game clock management and play calling that you don't get out of the Steelers.

Couldn't agree more. By the way Why a Defensive genius is only able to develop or use a talent like Keenan Lewis after 4 years on the roster ?

For this reason alone we should let LeBeau quietly retire.

Tomlin? I have lost any hope on improvment.

Our only luck is that AFC sucks. Yesterday game was flag football. Come on ... 44 - 45 ? The game was only offense. I expect now the Cheatriots and the Broncos to easily qualify to the AFC Championship game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Ohio... damn right on the National Flag League. I really truly and absolutely miss I dunno... defense. That KC Indy game is what the NFL wants now. You have said it before, defense doesn't matter anymore.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Sean Payton has proven the value of a good coach. Playoff caliber with him, losers without him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 pm

LenSherwood wrote:Ohio... damn right on the National Flag League. I really truly and absolutely miss I dunno... defense. That KC Indy game is what the NFL wants now. You have said it before, defense doesn't matter anymore.

Len it is what it is. It's a different game. After the concussion issues the new rules are against Football. Andy Reid is one of the few to let his team return kicks ( they must have some sort of internal NFL rule against it ). Defense ? Everybody wants to have the last ball. Why ? Because at minimum you will be able to score a field goal.

I actuallly think that the Chiefs lost the game the moment they stopped trying to score. Once they went in a "chew the clock" style... Here you have the fumble.

Everybody that plays the No-huddle makes it look so easy. I have been calling for the Steelers to adopt since last year. Unfortunately we start operating it too late this year

Return to Stillers Talk