Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Chiefs.... I Called It......

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Chiefs.... I Called It......

Postby StillDodger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm

I stated last week that the Chiefs might lose some players due to lost game shape..... They might be winning, but they're going down like flies.....

Karma's a b........

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Chiefs.... I Called It......

Postby Ohio » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 pm

StillDodger wrote:I stated last week that the Chiefs might lose some players due to lost game shape..... They might be winning, but they're going down like flies.....

Karma's a b........

DON'T THINK SO

Two weeks ago they lost in Kansas against this same Colts 23 - 7 scoring a Td in the first 5 minutes.

Today they only kept scoring in the first half. Two injuries actually occured to people that played last week and Charles is a concussion.

This show that there is not such a thing as "lost game shape " or "momentum"

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 am

Ohio wrote:
StillDodger wrote:I stated last week that the Chiefs might lose some players due to lost game shape..... They might be winning, but they're going down like flies.....

Karma's a b........

DON'T THINK SO

Two weeks ago they lost in Kansas against this same Colts 23 - 7 scoring a Td in the first 5 minutes.

Today they only kept scoring in the first half. Two injuries actually occured to people that played last week and Charles is a concussion.

I didn't watch the game.... I just overheard the play-by-play guy saying the Chiefs were "going down with injuries"......

I'm just happy that they lost :twisted: ......

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:19 am

Ohio wrote:

Karma's a b........

DON'T THINK SO

I just checked the Chiefs injuries during the game...... They lost RB Jamaal Charles (concussion, first quarter), WR Donnie Avery (concussion, third quarter), CB Brandon Flowers (concussion, third quarter), RB Knile Davis (knee, fourth quarter), and OLB Justin Houston (leg, fourth quarter). Only Davis played in the final game against the Chargers, and Houston returned after missing the last five games (I don't know if he would have played in San Diego if the game had implications).

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:23 am

StillDodger wrote:I just checked the Chiefs injuries during the game...... They lost RB Jamaal Charles (concussion, first quarter), WR Donnie Avery (concussion, third quarter), CB Brandon Flowers (concussion, third quarter), RB Knile Davis (knee, fourth quarter), and OLB Justin Houston (leg, fourth quarter). Only Davis played in the final game against the Chargers, and Houston returned after missing the last five games (I don't know if he would have played in San Diego if the game had implications).

Dodger the point you were trying to make was that they were "rusty" and didn't have "momentum" and were not in "football shape" because they took the last game off.

Well, they were so rusty they jump on a 28 point lead at the start of the 3rd quarter against a team that they couldn't score or move the ball on two weeks before.

Ok they made adjustments. But they were way more fresh and physically prepare. Why ? Because they had a bye in week 17.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 am

Well, Dodger you got your revenge!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Chiefs were miserable the second half of the season, going 2-5, managing to beat only the lowly Redskins and Raiders, losing to every single winning team they played. They puffed up their record in the first half of the season going 9-0 against all losers, save for the Eagles, who were struggling in the early part of the season.

Chiefs were not a good squad, 1-5 against playoff caliber teams. Unlike the Stillers, though, they made the best of a weak schedule. I'm sure the Steelers fate would have been the same if they made the playoffs. They were 2-2 against playoff caliber teams, splitting with the Bengals and winning against a Rodgers-less Packers. The only truly decent team they played all season thoroughly embarrassed them. Their record reflected what they were, a mediocre team at best.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

LenSherwood wrote:Well, Dodger you got your revenge!
I wouldn't call it "revenge".... It was something that I foresaw might happen to the Chiefs...... (Posted it on the game thread.... It was speculation, not hope. I wouldn't wish injuries on any player or team.) But even there, I wouldn't necessarily blame the starters "resting" for the injuries.... It could have been a coincidence.... (Who says they wouldn't have gotten hurt if they did play against the Chargers.) But still, the possibility brought forth could have occurred.

If the Stillers had the opportunity to rest players for a playoff game, I'd be on the fence, with the exception of players who could aggravate existing injuries.

That said, I now hope the Chargers are this year's Cinderella, and have a deep playoff run.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 am

On a side note : I'm very happy the Bungals lost.

Marvin Lewis is now 0-5 and Dalton, the choke artist, is 0-3. Let's hope he gets a 7 year extension.

I always tought they had one of the best ownerships in the NFL. Give plenty time to coaches. They are their GMs and do not forget :

They don't have one mistake in their contracts. That is their true strength. The Bengals have been to three postseason due to this. NO Marvin Lewis, No Andy Dalton. Perfect contracts. They never got caught in an underperforming heavy paid veteran. The Steelers tend to spend big in free agency. This often goes undected. Why? Because they sign their own free agent. And this pays off with Colon, Woodley, Porter, etc etc. The Bengals so far were able to avoid that.

Their only problem ? Marvin Lewis and the fact they didn't find a QB.

I'm pretty sure that Lewis will stay there ( even because the NFL pushes teams to have Black HC). Good thing for the Steelers :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 am

Bengals don't fire coaches because the team was formed by Paul Brown and his kid now runs it. They know better. I think Lewis is a good coach but it's looking like not good enough to win playoff games. Dalton sucked yesterday though. Even the Steelers would have won that game.

Bengals dont have contract issues because they are cheap. Bengals ownership got royally fukked in NFL expansion. It was bad enough with Tennessee - people used to come from as far away as Tennessee to see games - but the real kicker was letting Indy in. Indianapolis is about 2, 2 1/2 hours from cincy. Half of that town was Cincy fans, half Chicago fans. Chicago could deal with the loss in fan base, Cincy could not. That's why Mike Brown is suck a prick in owners' meetings. And why the Bengals are cheap, they have amongst the smallest captive fan bases.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 am

Pommah wrote:Bengals don't fire coaches because the team was formed by Paul Brown and his kid now runs it. They know better. I think Lewis is a good coach but it's looking like not good enough to win playoff games. Dalton sucked yesterday though. Even the Steelers would have won that game.

Bengals dont have contract issues because they are cheap. Bengals ownership got royally fukked in NFL expansion. It was bad enough with Tennessee - people used to come from as far away as Tennessee to see games - but the real kicker was letting Indy in. Indianapolis is about 2, 2 1/2 hours from cincy. Half of that town was Cincy fans, half Chicago fans. Chicago could deal with the loss in fan base, Cincy could not. That's why Mike Brown is suck a prick in owners' meetings. And why the Bengals are cheap, they have amongst the smallest captive fan bases.

Agree 100% on everything. But the fact that they are cheap is very helpful now that the salary cap isn't moving a lot. Not having bad contracts gives them the leverage of fielding nice teams.

They can keep Lewis another 50 years. I'm sure he will never reach the Superbowl.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

The real beauty was Carson Dalton showing his true colors. I hope the Bungles sign him to a $120 million extension. Then the North will be sewn up for some years to come. hahahaha

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Marvin Lewis is never going to come close to winning a Super Bowl. He is far more clueless than Tomlin. That franchise needs a culture change, but it won't come from a third rate coach like Lewis who is just happy to have the job.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:19 pm

I think what we are looking at is that kid AJ Green making Dalton look good during the regular season. That kid is a total stud. SD did a good job of containing him but that just opened up the other guys. It reminds me of how we thought Duante Culpepper was a decent QB, but it turned out to be all Randy Moss. I wonder if the Bungles will pay to keep him, he will fetch a fortune on the free agent market. Wish we could afford him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Return to Stillers Talk