Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Did Kansas City Throw their Game?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Did Kansas City Throw their Game?

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Give me your take.

they rested over 20 players. (I understand a star QB or RB, but 20+ players shouldn't be allowed.)

They missed a FG that would have won it.

The final play of the OT, the QB might have been able to run for the first down, but he threw the ball after he had already passed the LOS. A pass that was incomplete and not even close to a WR.

SUSPECT

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Did Kansas City Throw their Game?

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 pm

The game was meaningless to them, but KC at least took it to OT. You can't blame KC--blame losing to three shitty teams, the Bears who aren't a great team either, losing to the Dolphins AT HOME. And you have the Patriots throwing down an absolute ass kicking on them. Needing an absolute miracle of three teams to lose is no way to make the playoffs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Kansas did their job. The gave 100% with their back ups.

Ok is their backups. But they did the smart choice. They were locked to the fifth seed.

Andy Reid was smart to rest his best players ( momentum is a Myth. It doesn't matter. Resting players is the only important thing. Just look at the record of teams coming out of a late season bye week...).

If they wanted to give away the game the kicker would have missed badly. The kick was very close ( initially I thought it was in...). You don't kick it that close if you want to lose it...

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm

LenSherwood wrote:The game was meaningless to them, but KC at least took it to OT. You can't blame KC--blame losing to three shitty teams, the Bears who aren't a great team either, losing to the Dolphins AT HOME. And you have the Patriots throwing down an absolute ass kicking on them. Needing an absolute miracle of three teams to lose is no way to make the playoffs.

I agree the steelers missing the play offs is the steelers fault. This thread isn't about that.
This thread is simply about whether KC threw this game by not playing 20 of their starters & should that be allowed.
Do fans, television networks, and other teams deserve each team to compete each week to the best of their ability.
or is it OK to throw a game for say a match up you think is more favorable in the play offs. (Not that that was the case here)

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Ohio wrote:Kansas did their job. The gave 100% with their back ups.

playing your back ups isn't giving 100%

Ohio wrote:. But they did the smart choice. They were locked to the fifth seed.

Smart and right are 2 different things.
(we'll see about the momentum thing)

Ohio wrote:
If they wanted to give away the game the kicker would have missed badly. The kick was very close ( initially I thought it was in...). You don't kick it that close if you want to lose it...

Maybe He tried to miss badly and missed the miss enough that it looked close.
(probably not, but just trying to discuss whether what they did was how we want this league to be)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 pm

[/quote]
Maybe He tried to miss badly and missed the miss enough that it looked close.
(probably not, but just trying to discuss whether what they did was how we want this league to be)[/quote]

I cannot and will not say a word against the Chiefs. They did their job. I'm 100% sure that they didn't lose on purpose. The kick was CLEARLY an attempt to score and win. If the kicker and the Chiefs would have wanted to lose they would have lost in 4 quarters and wouldn't have even attempted the last kick. A fumble and interception... whatever...

I was a kicker in high school. I guarantee you that if you want to miss that kick badly you kick to the other post and "close the kick". You do not kick it straight to the post. This is the safest way of scoring it.

Succop missed. End of the story. Thank you Chiefs for having given us your best.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:48 pm

You can't blame the Chiefs for resting starters in a game that has no meaning for them but plenty of meaning for their opponent. By now the teams are banged up badly and having two weeks to heal is huge. Plus they didn't want to risk losing players for nothing--nothing changes for their post season if they win the game. Again..what is the point of backing into the playoffs like this anyway? To see Brady rip them a new asshole again? The Steelers are nothing more than a mediocre team. Hell if Rogers had played last week it woudln't have even come down to this game.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 am

The Steelers missing the playoffs by a gonad hair was Their own fault. That being said - I hope the chiefs lose their first playoff game 84-0 and that every fucking starter that sat out gets their coddled asses knocked into IR for the 2014 season.

Practice Squad

Postby timsim00 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes, their bigtime STARTER actually missed, so yes, Succop does SUCK!

Having said that, we don't go 0-4, or let the Dolphins beat us at home in the snow, and the KC miss is a moot point.

New 'Tomlin' rule, if you go 0-4, you shouldn't make the fucking playoffs!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

The sometimes-crazy NFL rules are what is responsible for all the non-games at the end of the season, and I don't blame any team that doesn't give its all in what is a meaningless game for them. The season is too long and too much a war of attrition than a game of skill, and the playoffs are played with most teams missing a couple of key players that would make a difference if available. Getting a key guy hurt in a meaningless game for a playoff bound team is too much for most coaches to bear. That said, I think most starters would want to at least get some playing time to keep their edge.

Practice Squad

Postby rpbncb » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Don't blame KC. These bunch of under-achievers, both coaches and players, caused this shitty season. It starts at the top cause shit rolls downhill.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:08 pm

timsim00 wrote:Yes, their bigtime STARTER actually missed, so yes, Succop does SUCK!

Having said that, we don't go 0-4, or let the Dolphins beat us at home in the snow, and the KC miss is a moot point.

New 'Tomlin' rule, if you go 0-4, you shouldn't make the fucking playoffs!

Add to that, if you lose to the fucking Raiders, you shouldn't make the playoffs.

Return to Stillers Talk